Critique Light Painting - RS4/911/Aventador

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Not posted in a while, went through a very busy period with the photography, then the day job! So here is a selection of what I've been up to.

Have a couple more shoots lined up, but with the light nights I think the light painting may take a back seat.

#1 - Audi RS4
Audi RS4 #4 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

#2 - Porsche 911 C4S (First Interior Shot Attempt)
Porsche#5 C4S #5 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

#3 - Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 #1 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

#4 - Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 #2 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

#5 - Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 #4 by SBReid Photography, on Flickr

As always look forward to comments and critique.

Cheers
Scott

Absolutely nailed that Audi shot, really pops as an image. If I'm really looking for a fault I'd say the Lambo feels a little underexposed, almost looks like it needs a flash shot down onto the top of it, or even from behind the car to rim light the roofline just to pick out the shape a bit more. Having said that, I'm no expert and can only wish to shoot a Lambo!

Absolutely nailed that Audi shot, really pops as an image. If I'm really looking for a fault I'd say the Lambo feels a little underexposed, almost looks like it needs a flash shot down onto the top of it, or even from behind the car to rim light the roofline just to pick out the shape a bit more. Having said that, I'm no expert and can only wish to shoot a Lambo!

Thanks for taking the time to comment Jim. The Audi shoot was a tad hit or miss so I'm glad I got some usable images from the night.

I think a lot of mine come out closer to underexposed, something I'm trying to keep an eye on. Especially when doing prints they require a small brightness adjustment. I'll try get the roofline next time around.

Thanks,
Scott

I'd also agree with the above, #1 is a great image but all the others are a touch under-exposed. Nice even light-coverage though, just needs a levels-tweak!

It's worth having your screen calibrated to be honest, as the image probably looks fine on your display. You can second-guess it with the histogram but they can be difficult to read on light-painted images.

I didn't get anything above normal speeds I'm disappointed to say, but I agree the car does sound like an absolute animal. I was gutted to climb in and see a reverse parking camera and hear parking sensors going off though, just seemed so wrong in a car like that!

Same here, but when you read it's 4700mm long you can see why, would be no greater shame than ripping off your splitter parallel parking!

Cheers for the histogram tip, I thought my laptop screen was configured, but I'll check from now on.

Back