Tamron 85mm 1.8 VC lens

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Just wondered if anyone is using this lens and if so how are you finding it for portraits, particularly how good is the VC on a prime lens of this focal length. Thanks in advance

Not used it, but I’d always considered the VC at such a short focal length for portraits to be of limited use, at shutter speeds it really matters, surely the subject will show movement.

Reactions: TG.
I see what your saying Phil but I suffer from camera shake, sometimes I have bad days of it, so I need all the help I can get :LOL: all my lenses are now VC apart from my Nikon 85mm 1.8

I’m tempted to ‘upgrade’ my Nikon 85 1.8 lens to this Tamron. There’s nothing optically between them but the vc and Tap in console calibration tempt me especially as both my Nikon 85 1.8’s needed more than the calibration allowed.

Didn't know their was a tap in calibration, I thought that was on the Sigma lenses.

Didn't know their was a tap in calibration, I thought that was on the Sigma lenses.
Tap in console to be precise. Yes I have one and used it to calibrate the G2 24-70.

How does that work ?

Well you calibrate a prime lens at minimum focusing distance, a medium focusing distance and then at infinity and once you have these figures you insert your lens onto the tap in console, hook it up to your pc via a usb cord and it updates the lens. It effectively means the lens is then accurate at all Focal lengths (zoom) and all focusing distances (zoom and prime).

Reactions: TG.
Seriously considering swapping my Nikon 85 for one of these now after reading the dxo review.

Seriously considering swapping my Nikon 85 for one of these now after reading the dxo review.

It does sound good doesn't it, especially when you can get one for £575 :)

Back