Tattoos anyone?

Name
Patrick
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, im just wondering do any of you guys/dolls have any photography based tattoos? :)

Been thinking recently about creating one for myself :)

Nowt wrong with tattoos if done right and not in your face ,like tattoos up up the side of necks I think they're horrible ,my misses had one done on underside of her wrist and the guy made a real balls up of it

Have a flick through the link abbove, an awesome Tat of a Nikon camera on a guy......;)

Why would you want to scar yourself for life based on a whim?

Its not a whim, ive been thinking of getting a tattoo for quite a while now and i want it to be something related to my interests...which is photography...

Nowt wrong with tattoos if done right and not in your face ,like tattoos up up the side of necks I think they're horrible ,my misses had one done on underside of her wrist and the guy made a real balls up of it

I agree if done correctly some look amazing but i would never consider them on my face or neck :p

They are indeed horrible :)

Not all tattoos are done on a whim:nono:
My 3 were all thought out and have meaning.

Same with me and my wifes. Where we go to have them done are all one off's. I know what i have done i will not see anybody else with it.

I have a few, but people rarely notice as they're descreet. I do have one behind my ear though, but having long hair, no one comments on that one either!

soooooooo glad i didnt get any in stupid places like my mates did.. hands necks top of head.... i think i was too soft... so glad ..... the stark naked women from my shoulder to my elbow is a bit awkward at times...

why? it was 35 yrs ago.. i dunno...

true story.. i got my first wifes name on my arm... second wife paid to have it covered up.... third wife same name as first wife.... duh! :)

If your going for names on the body, always get your children or your sweethearts nickname. That way you can either pass it off as he name of a pet, or you call all of your partners the same nickname......

Just found this pretty old thread. I have just started on my latest tattoos. Most of mine in the past have been done with bamboo in Thailand so this is a little different for me. Memorial tat that i can say was not on a whim and has lots of meaning.

Still lots more to do so i will update as we go.

tat.jpg

Not photography related i know but just started it yesterday so thought i would share.

Last edited:
It's 1 of a couple of ideas I have for tattoos is something photography related :)

That or animal-related is my main ideas.

I got my first 2 as a sort of rebel against my parents. Don't regret them. My 3rd one was a little doodle I always used to do so got that. Then left it over 10 years to get my next 2. Got my rugby club badge and then my last one was a different take on Mum and Dad. My Mum's French and Dad's English so I got an England rose entwined with a Fleur de Lis. Love all of mine and will admit the first two were on a whim

Mine were thought about over many years, still glad I have them and where they are ... would like one more, but age is telling me no more.

I've always kind of fancied one but to tell the truth never really found anything I 'really' like enough to indelibly scribe on to me.

Oh and I'm scared at how much it would ****ing hurt :)

I've always kind of fancied one but to tell the truth never really found anything I 'really' like enough to indelibly scribe on to me.

Oh and I'm scared at how much it would ****ing hurt :)

Wibbly, it's like a Chinese burn .. just hotter :) the nearer the bone the more intense the pain. My back of neck (low down where a vest top woud sit) was a nice pain ... my foot was horrid by the toe as the design went down.

I guess it can be compared to labour, you are never doing it again .. till next time :)

anyone who tells you it wont hurt is telling lies. Tattoos hurt. But unless you have a very low pain threshold its easy to just ignore the pain. I cant imagine its like labor ha. When my wife was on the bathroom floor aftr no pain killers squeezing our our boy that looked alot more painful than a tattoo.

Carl, the back of the neck one won't show neither will foot or ankle and that skin tends not to go baggy n saggy if that makes sense. You on summer break now?

Andy I meant in terms of the kind of pain you go through again, not in comparison lol

Ive got a dancing beer glass on my right shoulder blade - All the rugby boys had them done just prior to our graduation

nothing like the scale of andy's owl though.

Pain wise it didnt really hurt when they did it ( though that may have been down to the 5 or so pints we'd had before hand) - but the soreness afterwards was a bugger - because I usually sleep on my back

Samphire said:
Carl, the back of the neck one won't show neither will foot or ankle and that skin tends not to go baggy n saggy if that makes sense. You on summer break now?

Yeah! Final day and pay day, doesn't get much better. Will probably be in most of next week sorting things and then the joy of schemes to write.

Not something I'd do but these are pretty cool videos of work in progress:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Edit - Oops sorry this was already posted above by Carl - well worth checking out though!

Last edited:
Back