Teesside Airshow

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
A local show, limited flying and only a couple of statics. Traffic management was terrible and many people spent 4 hours in queues outside and never got in to the show. Weather was blustery and dull. A nd my sensor needs cleaning!! full album here....https://www.flickr.com/photos/jasongphotos/albums/72177720299845017/page1
JAY_6348 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_6655 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_7142 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_7220 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_7626 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_7733 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_7887 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_8204-Edit by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Went there in the early seventies when it was a major show.
Highlight was an EE Lightning climbing vertically, and a Vulcan doing a very low pass and a shear climb. Thought it was going to stall, but it kept going.

We wanted to go but seeing the traffic chaos I was glad we didn't... then I saw your pictures and wish we'd gone :D

PS.
I thought we might see some planes flying there or going back to wherever they came from but we never saw or heard any.

Last edited:
I was lucky getting in and out as I was part of the car show so I was in early. And it was free! I actually enjoyed the day but many were rightly angry and disappointed.

Nice set. Apart from removing dust specs, I’d add a tiny bit of brightness to bring the aircraft out. I know it was grim and grey but personally, I’d try to brighten it a bit. Also a bit tighter crop on some of them. Just my personal view Jason. Still you’ve won the fight with crappy conditions :)

Back