Tell me about Brands Hatch

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, haven't posted on here for ages.

Never been to Brands Hatch before. But I'll be there this Saturday and Sunday shooting the 750 Motor Club meeting with a media pass.

Any local knowledge is much appreciated. I'm only asking on here because I always get nervous before a race weekend! I like to feel like I have a plan beforehand. I have to start shooting first thing Saturday morning so don't have a lot of time to waste on finding the best spots, or worse still hiking all the way to crap ones.

If anyone can put my mind at ease (or share some of your own shots) that would be great.

Many thanks.

Indy doesnt give you much room for manouevere tbh....

Graham Hill bend and Paddock are probably the best places, but Ive never had a bib so cant comment fully.

Cool I used to do a lot with the 750 motor club. What's running this weekend?
You'll find the pits area has the main race teams/ series in, with the lesser racers in the paddock area. You go through the tunnel to get to it.
Lots of action usually at. Paddock hill bend, you can shoot over the fence or through it on the approach to druids. The grandstand at paddock is often full? Often action at druids and you can probably shoot from inside the track by crossing the foot bridge.
If you fancy a walk to clear ways you can shoot over the lower fence, not a lot of action but often flaming exhausts on the overrun.

You should be able to walk the pits, get some preparation shots. You won't be able to shoot from the pit wall, but 750 motor club events used to be reasonably low key and access was good. Back of the pit lane you can just shoot over the fence with a small step as the go along cooper straight, but not much action there but good panning shots.
If I had to pick one spot, I'd go inside the circuit at druids and shoot towards paddock as they approach.

Being small, Brands is pretty easy. Paddock is a great spot to shoot the start as they come over the brow into the corner. Usual spots would be Druids as they come over the hill and through the hairpin, exit of clearways has several good spots to shoot. Infield I've never really been a fan of, but again the circuit is small enough that you should have time to try out a few different spots anyway.

Thanks for the pointers everyone. I didn't realise how compact the place was.

Best tip I can give is the deposit for the media bib is £ 30

Is this for real? I've never paid a deposit for a bib before!

Back