Tesco Clubcard Vouchers at Jessops

Cool. I have about £40's worth sat doing nothing.

think a new tripod is in order, shame I just got a 10-22 could have had it for £300

Excellent, thanks for the heads up.

I wonder how long, coming soon, actually means?

Can only hid the tesco vouchers, from the wife, for so long :LOL:

"Tokens must be ordered by 15 October and used with Jessops by 31 October 2011"

I'm guessing they'll probably be coming around the end if June/July as that's when the next batch of Clubcard statements come out.

Thank you for sharing the information - been wondering what to spend with my Clubcard vouchers.

Wife was wondering what to do with the Clubcard vouchers - don't think she would be too impressed if I used them at Jessops though!

Wife was wondering what to do with the Clubcard vouchers - don't think she would be too impressed if I used them at Jessops though!
Grab them and get down Jessops quick - would you be impressed if they were all used by her to buy shoes?? :LOL:

Grab them and get down Jessops quick - would you be impressed if they were all used by her to buy shoes?? :LOL:

Not into shoes but she does do a lot of bird/butterfly counts etc; for the local nature reserves, so 'suggested' a Jessops spotting scope might be useful...;)

but she does do a lot of bird/butterfly counts etc; for the local nature reserves

Or a nice long lens to catalogue the birds

That's very cool and got all excited as I wanted a digital photo frame from there (got dad one for his birthday). Problem is, it has gone up by £25 in two months, I'm guessing as it got a top 5 place in the gadget show top 5 and was almost half the price of the ones above it...... argh!!

the 70-300L has gone up again, now £60 more, wonder if they will all start to risw

I've got over £100 of Clubcard vouchers. Wonder if I can convince the missus to spend them on a new lens for me?!!

Has anyone used these yet? I assume that the T&Cs that state these can only be used on 'Jessops products' just means the usual products they sell, and it doesn't mean Jessops own brand products, but can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Have you seen the thriving market on eBay for Tesco Clubcard Vouchers? :wacky:

Amounts are selling for around around 1.5x their actual worth. ie £36 of vouchers sold for £60. £61 sold for £113 etc

Now not great buying for the Jessops 2 for 1 deal..... but for any 3 for 1 deal its certainly worth thinking about. (like Goldsmiths)

I assume that the T&Cs that state these can only be used on 'Jessops products' just means the usual products they sell, and it doesn't mean Jessops own brand products
I phoned Jessops and they said they can be used on any brand.

Have you seen the thriving market on eBay for Tesco Clubcard Vouchers? :wacky:

Amounts are selling for around around 1.5x their actual worth. ie £36 of vouchers sold for £60. £61 sold for £113 etc
Wow, that's weird. No point for Jessops as they say the Jessops tokens you get will have the same name as your Tescos vouchers, and that person has to do the shopping at Jessops. Unless in practice they don't care, but you'd need to be sure.

waaaaaahhhh...... have just used all mine on a holiday.. would rather have had a new camera!

I phoned Jessops and they said they can be used on any brand.

Wow, that's weird. No point for Jessops as they say the Jessops tokens you get will have the same name as your Tescos vouchers, and that person has to do the shopping at Jessops. Unless in practice they don't care, but you'd need to be sure.

indeed.. tesco started putting your postcode on vouchers, so if you go in with someone elses its going to flag up quite obviously if you get a jobsworth that checks each voucher!

Will have to start getting my mum to use my clubcard. She just uses hers and spends the vouchers instore. Terrible

Tip for anyone who doesn't already know, you can logon to the club card website and redeem unused vouchers for the last 2 years. I had £30 waiting for me :)

Tip for anyone who doesn't already know, you can logon to the club card website and redeem unused vouchers for the last 2 years. I had £30 waiting for me :)
What, even if you don't have the vouchers in front of you? - edit - I've just registered on the site, and although you have to enter the coucher code for each voucher you use, it tells you what the codes are. Handy for anyone who's lost some.

It obviously says that your Jessops vouchers will have to be for the same person who owned the clubcard, but is that the case in practice? I ask since tesco vouchers and Goldsmith vouchers (obtained with tesco vouchers) are sold on ebay and must be used by anyone.

Last edited:
Update

It would appear that the tescos vouchers you use need to be your own (registered at your address).

Update

It would appear that the tescos vouchers you use need to be your own (registered at your address).

But after you have converted the Tesco vouchers to Jessops vouchers, do they still need to be used by the original person?

Pity this deal was not around when Tesco were doing 4x Deals value,

Motorpoint got burned very badly a couple of years ago when they offered 4X Value on Clubcard points for New/Nearly New Cars through Motorpoint,

Motorpoint were convinced that they would get people going in with vouchers worth £500 or so off a £10k car, but found out very quickly that there were a dedicated breed of voucher collecters that used/abused the system to build up points for little outlay, and as there was no limit on the amount of points you could redeem at that time Motorpoint soon found £10k+ Cars going out of the door all on vouchers,

Under the redemption deal they had with Tesco, Motorpoint only got back 2X voucher value, so a £5k loss on a £10k car ,was a hard pill to swallow for them.

Not sure how many people had free/nearly free cars out of them in the year it took them to get out of the scheme (We had 2 free cars, a 6 Month old Ford Fiesta Diesel, and a 9 month old Renault Megane Estate), I know of others who had 4 cars from them.

Since it has gone down to 3X and 2X value with limits on the points you can collect each month these olds loopholes seem to have been shut, but will be interesting to see how this deal with Jessops progesses, just a pity its not at 3X..

But after you have converted the Tesco vouchers to Jessops vouchers, do they still need to be used by the original person?
I can confirm what happens with Tescos, because I have tried it. It clearly says that once you have the Jessops tokens, you can't use someone elses tokens in the same purchase, but I haven't tried it. The tokens have your surname on them, but I don't know if the shop checks, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

there were a dedicated breed of voucher collecters that used/abused the system to build up points for little outlay
You say the loopholes have been removed, so I only ask out of interest - how did they/you build up so many points for not a lot of outlay?

I can confirm what happens with Tescos, because I have tried it. It clearly says that once you have the Jessops tokens, you can't use someone elses tokens in the same purchase, but I haven't tried it. The tokens have your surname on them, but I don't know if the shop checks, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

You say the loopholes have been removed, so I only ask out of interest - how did they/you build up so many points for not a lot of outlay?

Fairly simplified but the basic premis was, Look for items with extra points on

EG: They did an offer buy 2 Johnsons Baby Powder Get 100 Points, (100 Points Worth £1 Cash or £4 in deals), Baby powder cost 80p each so £1.60 for 2

Now you could leave it at that OR you could use the other Tesco loophole from the time, which was Tesco allowed you to use Money Off Coupons (The ones in papers or online) on ANY item, so if you had a £1 off Beef Burgers coupon you could use that off ANY item in Tesco they did not care,

So Buy 20 Johnson Baby Powder, £16.00, pay using coupons (Just like printing your own money) get baby powder for free or pennies, Have 816 Points, (800 Bonus + 16 Standard) - 816 x 4, thats £32.64 towards your new car, repeat multiple times, multiple stores multipe days, and within weeks you have the vouchers for your car,

Soi if you used option 1 and paid for the stuff you can then boot sale it and get about 75% of your outlay back, or if you used coupons to buy it you can boot sale it and make a very tidy cash profit as well,

ALL these loopholes have been closed for 2 years now, but if you google

Tesco Coupon Scam or see the link below

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1980307

or The Beef In Gravy Lark

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2005/sep/03/consumernews.jobsandmoney

Both very good examples,

But like all these things once it became common knowlege Tesco was forced to tighten up, (Coupon abuse was not hurting them as they charged the suppliers, nor was the 4X couon deal as the Deal provider took the biggest hit), so Tesco saw it as a great way of increasing turnover.

The downfall really started when Martin from Money Saving Expert started talking about it on TV, there were reports which can be googled that one Tesco in Birmingham had tills just for people paying with coupons, and don't think of coupons as being 10p 20p etc, there were common ones for £8 off expensive dog food, so it was like having an £8 note you could print at home, people buying SatNavs, TVs Camcorders etc, and paying with nothing more than a handful of photocopied paper,

I am sure some people set themselves up for life very nicely, There is still similar goes on in the US where people get there shopping for free, there is even a TV show about it called extreme couponing, but they dont have the deals system that Tesco has here.

Last edited:
I am wearing a £525 wedding ring and £800 eternity ring courtesy of Tescos (have a Tesco credit card which we put everything through and clear monthly without fail - extra points).

Thing is you cant use them on anything on offer or reduced, I guess its the same in Jessops.

Back