Edit My Images
Yes
DSCF2009small.jpg

DSCF2014small.jpg

DSCF2015small.jpg

DSCF2017small.jpg

DSCF2018.jpg

DSCF2019.jpg

i know that they're not well set up or anything, this was just random pic taking to try out my new bridge

Last edited:
Lovely dogs. It may well be me but most of them look a little bit underexposed - assuming you're on an auto setting of some description, it's probably due to the very light fur of your subjects fooling the camera into thinking the scene is very light.

Lovely dogs. It may well be me but most of them look a little bit underexposed - assuming you're on an auto setting of some description, it's probably due to the very light fur of your subjects fooling the camera into thinking the scene is very light.

I think most of those were in sport mode, I was hoping they would run about to see how the camera handle action shots, but they were being boring lol

Have barely scratched the surface of it yet, so im still working it all out, its a big leap from a samsung compact :LOL:

I fancied a bridge camera to take on my hols and I looked at buying a HS10 for ages and even placed an order for one, but I cancelled my order in the end due to the delivery date being knocked back twice and plumped for a used Nikon P100 (which I've been very impressed with so far!).....the lens in the HS10 is supposed to be fantastic to say it covers such a large zoom range and the images above are of a very good quality if they are straight out of the camera!!

Good luck getting to grips with it, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun figuring it all out!! (y)

Those are miles better than the first sets that you posted, so good start! :D

As Grotty said, the top 3 are a touch underexposed mainly because of the dogs' colouring, but there are two ways to get around this in the future. The good news is that the HS10 supports +/- 2 EV of exposure compensation and also can shoot in RAW.

Ignore the RAW part for the moment (it's a file type that allows greater manipulation of the image after shooting), but read up about Exposure Compensation (EC) in the manual.

At a rough guess you are looking at 1/2-2/3rds of a stop of over exposure (making the pic brighter). It will make quite a bit of difference to the pictures.

THerre are a couple of decent write ups about exposure in the tutorial section that are well worth reading to get the most out of your kit!

Congrats on manipulating your OH by the way! :LOL:

Back