Tewkesbury Abbey Mill & Cottages.

Great shot ! Have walked this myself but no pics from it! Hard to get to waters edge with all the over grown nettles etc, where you can't guess where the edge is when I walked it!

Nice and still, I approve. Something so restful about a reflection like this.

The grass adds nothing. I'd have gone closer abs just gone with the reflection, it's strong enough to carry the scene

Last edited:
The grass adds nothing. I'd have gone closer ...

Thanks Steve for your comment. I thought carefully about whether to include the grass or nearside bank. I did because it adds colour and texture as well as following a similar line and counter to the clouds. I preferred the wider view too because it gives a sense of 'being there' and also tells you that it's a narrow waterway rather than a lake etc.

I know what you mean though and in the hour or more I spent there this time I tried all the different permutations I could think of but settled on this one in the end.

I will concede that is it does place the waterway in context. I'd have composed this differently. I see a diagonal line og buoys or something diagonal to the flats. I'd have placed that diagnonal line in my centre of frame and used it lead me in. But thats my style, maybe not yours, but its a cool location and nicely captured.

Back