Thank You For Your Visit - Please Take Our Survey

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Met up with some old work colleagues at a pub last night - really enjoyable evening / meal / couple of beers. We didn't book and we paid cash, yet today I've received an email saying "We hope you enjoyed your visit, please take a moment to complete this survey."

How do they know I was there?

Met up with some old work colleagues at a pub last night - really enjoyable evening / meal / couple of beers. We didn't book and we paid cash, yet today I've received an email saying "We hope you enjoyed your visit, please take a moment to complete this survey."

How do they know I was there?

Big Brother knows everything.

Facial recognition will be with us very very soon and one day you may even be refused a purchase or service based on your body mass index, your social credit score or your political beliefs.

I watched a vid earlier today in which a vending machine in China chose who could buy from it and refused service to the unworthy. It'll likely come here too :D

Have you had a covid jab, you know Bill Gates will know every thing about you now.;)
:D :D
:D :D

Did you have bluetooth on? A lot of venues have beacons which is used for analytics tracking, this is why android phones will often have google ask you to leave a review of a site if you've been somewhere recently and you write reviews, your phone has detected the beacon and tracked where you've been. With hospitality if you've had their app it might have been able to check your beacon history if it has your data on file from the app.

You can download a beacon scanner which will show you how many beacons your phone can pick up when you're in a town centre.

I didn't log into their wifi - so it maybe the Google Location Services. But that would suggest a third party, such as Vintage Inns, can access an individual's location record. Scary.

its not vintage inns it is google maybe knowing your location and passing that info on to vintage inns just in data sharing

Almost guaranteed to be Google as others have said.

I disable everything possible that is Google related.

100% this.

Once upon a time I was contacted by an "new media" company. They wanted me to pay them to push adverts to anybody who passed near my front door with a vague interest in photography. Around the same time, my wife passed a hairdressers and an advert for it popped up on her phone. For obvious reasons, we btih declined the offers.
I didn't log into their wifi - so it maybe the Google Location Services. But that would suggest a third party, such as Vintage Inns, can access an individual's location record. Scary.

It's unlikely they could afford to access the data from Google :)

Interesting that I never ever had anything like this unless I have paid for something and given over my email address at some point.
Do you have the vintage inn app or an app for any other Mitchel and butler owed chain?
Or connected previously to their Wi-Fi?
I went into a pub last week that not been in for 3 years and the Wi-Fi auto connected as they hadnt changed thier Wi-Fi code.

If you use a discount code voucher it’s is linked to your email. Having used the voucher the restaurant new I had visited.

Booked a table via website having then turned up the restaurant emailed me thanking for my custom.

Back