THAT SINKING FEELING

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
spotted today while out birding ,we saw this nice once shiny land rover about a quarter of a mile out from hoylake (wirral) shore ,stuck fast in the mud and getting deeper every few minutes ,luckily he was near the lifeboat station and the lifeboat tractor pulled him out after a couple of attempts during which the land rovers tow hook went flying through the air like a cruise missile .they got it out eventually with a very long tow rope .ROFPMSL

car minus its tow hook ,OOPS that might be expensive .i also get a feeling that he was charged for the tow out as we saw him (with very soggy wellingtons on ) at the cash machine a few minutes later ,and the muppet had parked the car on the zig zag lines of a traffic signal to get his money out .hope he wasn't booked by the traffic warden just over the road i spotted LOL

Last edited:
Well as least he tried...more than most owners, though my cousins step dad did kill his few week old top spec range rover sport a few months back that's to a miscalculation of the tides :LOL: that took a little explanation to the fleet planner being a company car :LOL: :LOL:

Ooops how embarrassing :D

I work on the coast and see people making this mistake all the time, you have to be careful because a nice hard sandy beach can become soaking and boggy immediately the tide starts coming in, even though you may be quarter of a mile from the waters edge or more, a really weird thing which can occur any where. Don't think he would have been charged by the RNLI, I used to be a 2nd coxswain, a lot of people do give donations after a rescue as a matter of course.

Last edited:
I work on the coast and see people making this mistake all the time, you have to be careful because a nice hard sandy beach can become soaking and boggy immediately the tide starts coming in, even though you may be quarter of a mile from the waters edge or more, a really weird thing which can occur any where. Don't think he would have been charged by the RNLI, I used to be a 2nd coxswain, a lot of people do give donations after a rescue as a matter of course.

to be honest i,m only presuming that it was the lifeboat tractor it might well have been a local farmer that was called upon to do the rescue .the lads there in oilskins i think would be from the lifeboat station coming over to help .if it was down to me i would have left the car there .he was extremely lucky as we do get very large 32 foot tides here and a couple of times this year its actually covered the pavement and road .its also a major sea bird roosting area so he should not have been there anyway .and to cap it all looking at the other pics last night he had a young child in the car as there was a hand reaching out of the window .
p.s i also live within a couple of hundred yards of the sea .

Last edited:
Life can be a real beach sometimes :D

Back