That Statue

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
It's a very striking image and has good DoF as Gary said. There seems to be a graininess (noise? film grain effect?) about it that *for me* sucks the depth out of the blacks and takes the sheen off the bronze surface. It may also be the nature of the subject, but for me it seems just a bit soft focus, and looks (maybe intentionally) like it was taken by a 1930-1940s photographer, where *my preference* would be for a darker, hard and shiny image for this subject.

nice clear shot...but.. as someone who has never seen the place or the statue.. would have liked a sense of size..... if its 3 ft tall thats a great idea.. if its 15 foot tall then thats a standard shot...

the PP ..my first instant 2 second impression was rain on it..which made me think more... I would deffo go back in pouring rain and take same shot :)

Thanks all for the comments- I wanted a grainy old fashioned look to this shot and of course I should have included a full sized statue shot,sorry That why I included the link - newbie error my bad?

I'll go back again in the rain,make for an interesting shot

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back