Critique The Alps

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I live in the South of France and luckily not too far away is the Alps.
So off me and the misses went to meet a friend from here @Asha then onto the Mountains, prospects didnt look good but soon we was on top of the clouds and hey presto @ 2080 metres we was presented with these Glorious views of the mountains and blue skies.
Tell me what you think, Just a little PP on the sky and a tad on the shadows ( still learning PP )
Thanks for looking
View attachment 25548

Last edited:
Hi Graham I like the shot, (but I'm bias it's mountains) i love the deep shadow running down the back of the mountain range, really accentuates the first 2 peaks and draws me into the picture, also like the path running along below the peaks, then another layer of white peaks behind taking you to the sky.
I find the sky on the right has more depth than that on the left, but I think there's little you could do with it, it's just the mountain haze... And I think it would be a mistake to try.
Nice shot!

Hi Graham I like the shot, (but I'm bias it's mountains) i love the deep shadow running down the back of the mountain range, really accentuates the first 2 peaks and draws me into the picture, also like the path running along below the peaks, then another layer of white peaks behind taking you to the sky.
I find the sky on the right has more depth than that on the left, but I think there's little you could do with it, it's just the mountain haze... And I think it would be a mistake to try.
Nice shot!

:agree:

To be honest I don't see much wrong here for the scene. The way the composition is facing the hills gives a gentle arc that leads you naturally through the frame

My crit is really based in the time of day, closer to sundown or sunrise just gives softer light, longer shadows avd richer colours to bring an image to life

Looks good to me too tbh but hey, i'm biased, i was there.

Didn't you try some 180 degree pano shooting as well @ Graham ......Come on, let's see what you got!

To be honest I don't see much wrong here for the scene. The way the composition is facing the hills gives a gentle arc that leads you naturally through the frame

My crit is really based in the time of day, closer to sundown or sunrise just gives softer light, longer shadows avd richer colours to bring an image to life
Thanks Steve, Its good to get a comment from you as you seem to take some fab shots. It would have been another 2 hours until sunset and we wasnt going to wait that long there, we are not as patient as you are plus we was hungry lol
Thanks again.

Back