The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Sony Press announcement on 21st in London.
Could we see more new FE lenses and pricing for the FE 70-200mm f2.8 G Master plus TC's?
I'm hoping the 70-200mm f2.8 is around £2199 or less :)

Sony Press announcement on 21st in London.
Could we see more new FE lenses and pricing for the FE 70-200mm f2.8 G Master plus TC's?
I'm hoping the 70-200mm f2.8 is around £2199 or less :)

Too rich for me.
Perhaps the other g master lenses will go on uk sale.

Or a new camera? A7iii?

I've just received one of these... but it's significantly smaller than my A7 screen. Do the mk1 and 2 have different sized screens?

As it cost me the thick end of £8 I'm going to fit it, my fault for not searching out a mk1 screen protector :(
Yes the new ones are smaller. The actual screen is the same size, but with a smaller glass border. You could always just go with the Sony one. Used them on all my A7 cameras and got on great with them.

Yes the new ones are smaller. The actual screen is the same size, but with a smaller glass border. You could always just go with the Sony one. Used them on all my A7 cameras and got on great with them.
hmmmm... I was going to send it back but it just looks like I bought the wrong one... I may actually still send it back as it isn't even cut straight.

Might be less hassle to see if it'll fit one of my other cameras and buy a mobile phone screen from Currys for my A7.

Last edited:
Hi,
Has anybody had problems connecting a Sony A7RM2 to the Sony App store using a Mac ? I just can't get the App Playstore to accept a connection to my camera - I get something about other applications running & to close them & try again. There are no other applications running !
Anybody had this problem with a iMac& solved It ?
Thanks
James

Hi,
Has anybody had problems connecting a Sony A7RM2 to the Sony App store using a Mac ?
I don't use a mac, but you can connect to the app store directly within the camera when it's connected to wifi. Have you tried that instead of using the mac?

Well after order the 70-200f4 from Panamoz Monday evening it arrived this morning. :)
Now just need the sun to come out.

Knew it was coming, good news about it being free as I was expecting a membership fee model.
Hopefully we still get the Sony Pro Imaging goodies ;)
Well "free" after you've laid down a few thousand for multiple qualifying camera bodies and lenses at least!

Still great to see them roll the service out. It's something that a few people have been complaining about. After this, the GM lenses, and major investments and developments in camera and lens tech, anyone who says that Sony isn't serious about being a major player in the camera market is clearly bonkers.

Looks like it, grrr was hoping for a UK price announcement on the FE 70-200mm f2.8 GM!
Think they have others problems at the moment with the current gm rather than releasing new lenses unfortunately :-(

Oh dear, doesn't sound good.
AF issues? 85mm grinding noises?
Yep 24-70 has issues now atm as well might be firmware fixable though
I think it's too early to tell, this might all be just internet panic and par for the course these days. As always though if worried about possible early batch issues it's probably wise not to be an early adopter.

I'm in no rush to buy really, been waiting to see if I can get a good level of discount on the 24-70, 70-200 and TC if bought together. :)

apparently the new 16-55 is an awesome lens.. even the old one was fab imho.... I just couldn't get on with Fuji when I used them nearly 2 years ago

apparently the new 16-55 is an awesome lens.. even the old one was fab imho.... I just couldn't get on with Fuji when I used them nearly 2 years ago

There is no new or old, theres only a 16-50 non XF cheaper kit lens or the latest 16-55 2.8. You may be thinking of the 18-55 2.8-4. If I shot zooms I definitely wouldve bought the 16-55 and 50-140, look crazy good.
https://photographylife.com/reviews/fuji-xf-16-55mm-f2-8

TBF I think you said yours was faulty? Have you seen this guys work? There are loads of people getting results like this.
http://www.nathanelson.com/

Last edited:
I finally got a chance too try out my 16-35 f4 yesterday.

These were taken around midday so the light wasn't great, but fine to test the lens. Have to say I really like it.

DSC00771 by David Black, on Flickr

I tried a long exposure as well (both of these have very little editing so far)

DSC00772 by David Black, on Flickr

Hoping to get out again today.

Back