The Angel Of The North

Edit My Images
No
My first visit to the Angel and it definitely won't be my last!

I didn't have time to wait for the sunset as we'd been to Ikea and were knackered so shot in overcast daylight, also got a few decent shots with the 10 stop on.

Again my love of converting stone/metalwork into mono kicked in for these shots as the impact just seemed so much more.

I'm thinking of having this one at the top of my stairs

9777178394_54a5547f0e_c.jpg

Last edited:
Cracking that mate, love the shades and texture, but thats a long way to go for IKEA. . . . .;),
Dave

If you do get it at the top of the stairs I'd try and sort out the halo round it a little I'm only viewing on my iPad but there is quite a halo visible, ironically apt really wanting to remove a halo from an angle :coat: other than that I quite like it (y)

Bloomin halo's!! :bonk: spoiling my edits!

Anyway a quick tweak here and there and I've pasted the new version into the original post which I think has helped a bit

Thanks for the critique Matthew, I need this sort of advice from people on here that 'know their onions' such as yourself!

I've left the original one on my Flickr page for comparison

Last edited:
I prefer the processing on the original one. The Halo may be due to Chromatic Aberrations, the coloured fringe may not be very visible in the original but when converted to BW it gives you a wide halo band. Remove the CA in LR or NX before carrying out the BW conversion.

Last edited:
Cheers for the feedback/advice Andrew

Yes I also preferred the original edit, I'll look for CA on the original and see if its there and if so remove and reprocess

Back