The Beast of Bushy Park 2014 - coming soon?

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Back in 2011, during the annual deer rut, a few people were charged, and in some cases hurt, by male red deer (stags) prompting the press to coin the phrase 'Beast of Bushy Park'. This may be that stag.

But the reality is it could be any of the stags. All of the stags are looking to gather their harem of females, and will challenge people as well as other stags who get too close. These are wild animals, and, particularly during the rutting season, should be given a wide berth.

15105120677_1778e15ed4_b.jpg

Last edited:
A good capture and great expression on the animal. Have you applied sharpening as it looks a little over sharpened?

It did look slightly over-sharpened so I have re-done it and edited the post

Hi Stephen

This post first caught my eye a goodly few days ago and just today whilst browsing the Surrey County Magazine there was what looked like the exact image including the 'Beast of Bushy' title.....................was it yours as I am not sure who the photographer was credited in the mag???

Have never been approached about using the photo, so if it is mine, they have used it illegally. Haven't heard of the magazine either, any chance you can copy, or photograph, the pages so I can check it out?

Unless you mean the Surrey Life magazine which I did have an enquiry about

Have never been approached about using the photo, so if it is mine, they have used it illegally. Haven't heard of the magazine either, any chance you can copy, or photograph, the pages so I can check it out?

Unless you mean the Surrey Life magazine which I did have an enquiry about

Ah! whenever I see the mag I think Surrey County......................but having looked online it is indeed called Surrey Life, so if 'they' have used it officially congrats and hopefully properly recompensed ~ if not officially, go get 'em fella :)

Great picture and reminded me of him.

The deer known as the Beast of Bushy Park was culled and it was found that he had testicular cancer which may be another reason why he was aggressive other than people getting too close. I saw him quite a few times and have pictures of some of his attacks. Your photo is similar to the one that did hit the press when The Beast and another stag charged each other with a swan getting stuck between them.

Great picture and reminded me of him.

The deer known as the Beast of Bushy Park was culled and it was found that he had testicular cancer which may be another reason why he was aggressive other than people getting too close. I saw him quite a few times and have pictures of some of his attacks. Your photo is similar to the one that did hit the press when The Beast and another stag charged each other with a swan getting stuck between them.

Thanks for that update Pinnacle, interesting footnote to the story

Back