The Canon office at London 2012

Awesome!

Is it me or are the 5d3 camera neck straps on a 1d body?

You know I've been looking at that myself I looked a few times and I do think that your right, someone's going to be getting the sack in packing clearly ;)

The Canon Job

Script

12 avid photographers, taking advantage of the London Olympics, break in into the Canon Office, thanks to a disguise of Hi-Vi vests with the words "Officyal Photographer" stenciled on them. With explosives made from dark room chemicals they blow up the door to the staff toilet. After finding the correct room, there is a 60 minutes slow mo sequence of The 12, tooling up, close up panning of lenses, caressing of camera bodies, massive amounts of satisfying, rotating, clicks clack!, lots of techie talk and a general fondling of photographic equipment. After looks of understanding, they rush out, screaming "smile!, "that group of policemen, show me your best", "you over there, be sexy!" and cleverly blinding everybody with their powerful flashes made their escape.

The End

freyuk said:
The Canon Job

Script

12 avid photographers, taking advantage of the London Olympics, break in into the Canon Office, thanks to a disguise of Hi-Vi vests with the words "Officyal Photographer" stenciled on them. With explosives made from dark room chemicals they blow up the door to the staff toilet. After finding the correct room, there is a 60 minutes slow mo sequence of The 12, tooling up, close up panning of lenses, caressing of camera bodies, massive amounts of satisfying, rotating, clicks clack!, lots of techie talk and a general fondling of photographic equipment. After looks of understanding, they rush out, screaming "smile!, "that group of policemen, show me your best", "you over there, be sexy!" and cleverly blinding everybody with their powerful flashes made their escape.

The End

Or the police say " stop! You've been NIKONED! "

Nope, I'm nowhere that tidy.

Remiss of me Robin but I'd intended to ask you to help yourself if there was anything you fancied.

Bob

Ah you haven't missed your 300/2.8 then Bob :p

LOL I shall remind you of that next time we visit :clap:

Michael

Ha ha I jst came to post that here as well. Just posted it in the Talk Sports.

Even for a quick sale you'd get a lot more than £3k for one. There must be more than 200 people on here who'd give more than that for one.

I'll take one then please..

Random question.

Do the best professional photographers get paid by the big 2 or 3 to represent their brand. Much like a footballer?

It's Nikon's trade in room for it's new entry level camera :D

Being in that room is the only time I would be happy to see Dale Winton.

SUPERMARKET SWEEP!!!!

Anyone seen any good documentaries about the BTS for the olympics? I've seen a lot of photographer-centric blogging and some videos, but nothing that really covers the technical deployment in any great depth.

Would be fascinating to see the IT and tech infrastructure that powered the phenominal London 2012 coverage behind the scenes!

Yep I'd like see all the IT stuff as well.

The company that did the IT and tech was ATOS Acer pc's, panasonic provided the TV's and BT did the netowrking and comms. ATOS put it all together. Such a big partner in it all their name was round the neck of every person with acreditation on the purple and orange lanyards everyone had their security passes hanging from. It would be nice to see how it all came together.

Last edited:
Back