The castle on the hill

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks comments and critique welcomed.

For those that don't know this location, Mowcop is on the Staffordshire, Cheshire border.
Satnav postcode is ST7 4NB, there is ample free parking in a car park that closes at dusk and access is suited to those of all ages and abilities.
I found an excellent pub 2 minutes drive from the car park called the Ash inn on Mowcop road, steak and chips was excellent and you could have fed two of me with the portion size; having this so close was very handy, it meant a very overcast and windy morning shoot followed by a nice lunch break the sun came out and i did it all again with different light.

This is one of around 30 shots Im happy with, although I'm yet to look at the others in any detail.

9667677332_e305033e61_c.jpg
[/url] mowcop 35mm-1 by andy&nic, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here it is with a tighter crop

9672927598_4c1557377a_c.jpg
[/url] mowcop tighcrop 35mm-1 by andy&nic, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks or your comments.

Andy

I like them (y) Crisp and nicely coloured.
I went up there after seeing others' photos on the forum last year, but only had my 70-300 lens which I didn't think was wide enough.

I really like the colours in this shot. The sky looks beautiful.

looks like a great place, both very nice images, well processed and exposed, i personally prefer the tighter crop though

I would go back and try again at a better time of day, looks like these were taken in the middle of the day, you say the car park is open until dusk so go for the last hour of light if it's in the right direction of course.
Not a bad pair of shots and it looks like a good location.

These are really nice. Great detail held in the shots, and I think I prefer the first shot :)

looks like a great place, both very nice images, well processed and exposed, i personally prefer the tighter crop though

I would go back and try again at a better time of day, looks like these were taken in the middle of the day, you say the car park is open until dusk so go for the last hour of light if it's in the right direction of course.
Not a bad pair of shots and it looks like a good location.

thanks for looking and commenting folks.

Back