Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

at lanhydrock, cornwall

cheers
geoff

Last edited:
Only two comments.. No.1 a lot too HDR for my taste... No.2 the west window is totally burned out! that should have been your main focus.. Sorry if it sounds harsh!

Yeah im guessing the window is the main focus which is far too over-exposed, could probably drag the highlights down a bit and salvage it.
Also, how come its so noisy?

Only two comments.. No.1 a lot too HDR for my taste... No.2 the west window is totally burned out! that should have been your main focus.. Sorry if it sounds harsh!

thanks PS
i am going through a phase of using my hdr stuff to see if its valid enough for shots like these...and i do feel it isnt as you pointed out
the second one i opened up the shadows and lost the window...fair comment
not harsh old chap..nothing could be as i am not pedantic about any shot i take..it will only come online as i see it...to see what others can see which i overlooked in my zeal
cheers
geoff

Last edited:
Yeah im guessing the window is the main focus which is far too over-exposed, could probably drag the highlights down a bit and salvage it.
Also, how come its so noisy?

cheers Thrash...see the above sorry excuse for such a lousy shot..
as for the noise...i think as i lighten the shadows the stuff is left behind
this was taken on a 4MP bridge cam...the FZ7 and i have been seeing this effect in a lot of shots from that model...didnt have my 4/3 with me that day...so i deserve a kick up the butt...:LOL:

i think i will try this one again in lightroom 3 and leave the darker areas in and rescue the window

thanks both for really honest and valuable critiques
cheers
geoff

Too much saturation again Geoff, and lots of HDR artefaction, specially in the first.

thanks Tony...
damn and blarst...i am not blaming the camera but i dont get this artefaction...:thinking:...on my G1 using raw processing off a 4/3 sensor

will not use the FZ7 on days out...actually i forgot the G1 and keep the Fz in the car boot for those situations where a camera might be useful
<squauk!>...rant over

cheers
geoff

thanks Tony...
damn and blarst...i am not blaming the camera but i dont get this artefaction...:thinking:...on my G1 using raw processing off a 4/3 sensor

will not use the FZ7 on days out...actually i forgot the G1 and keep the Fz in the car boot for those situations where a camera might be useful
<squauk!>...rant over

cheers
geoff

my best attempt on OP...i still see those noisy elements...
cheers
geoff

Back