"The Cube" - Berlin Architecture

Uli

Name
Ulrich
Edit My Images
No
After a long planning and construction period, "The Cube" is finally in Berlin (Germany).

Since the beginning of 2020, people and buildings have been reflected in the broken façade of "The Cube" in front of Berlin's railway station. Inside, more than 3800 sensors monitor people. They open doors, provide you with information and the lifts automatically take users to the right floor of the eleven levels. The Danish architects from the 3XN office in Copenhagen developed a digital concept for the "smart offices" on Washington Square.

Whether this will benefit the work-live balance or the high-tech lifestyle of the users remains to be seen.

So far, at least the many visitors to Berlin's main station are enjoying the conundrum of the cube's reflective façades.

p4086698931-4.jpg

"The Cube" in front of Berlin Central Station

p4086698953-4.jpg

The façade is ventilated and has outdoor terraces

p4086698972-4.jpg

Despite the mirroring, plenty of daylight enters the offices

p4086698970-4.jpg

A sculpture with 42.5 metres edge length and 19,500 square metres of floor space

p4086699271-4.jpg

Kaleidoscope

p4086698908-4.jpg

"Smart Commercial Building", the future of the office?

All the best, Uli

After a long planning and construction period, "The Cube" is finally in Berlin (Germany).

Since the beginning of 2020, people and buildings have been reflected in the broken façade of "The Cube" in front of Berlin's railway station. Inside, more than 3800 sensors monitor people. They open doors, provide you with information and the lifts automatically take users to the right floor of the eleven levels. The Danish architects from the 3XN office in Copenhagen developed a digital concept for the "smart offices" on Washington Square.

Whether this will benefit the work-live balance or the high-tech lifestyle of the users remains to be seen.

So far, at least the many visitors to Berlin's main station are enjoying the conundrum of the cube's reflective façades.

p4086698931-4.jpg

"The Cube" in front of Berlin Central Station

p4086698953-4.jpg

The façade is ventilated and has outdoor terraces

p4086698972-4.jpg

Despite the mirroring, plenty of daylight enters the offices

p4086698970-4.jpg

A sculpture with 42.5 metres edge length and 19,500 square metres of floor space

p4086699271-4.jpg

Kaleidoscope

p4086698908-4.jpg

"Smart Commercial Building", the future of the office?

All the best, Uli

"Excellent" set of captures Ulrich, liking all of these very much, and also a very nice description of the place.

Reactions: Uli
Do people like it? I am not sure if I would love it or loathe it to be honest.

Do people like it? I am not sure if I would love it or loathe it to be honest.
Most people are in a hurry at a central station and hardly notice the building. Those who have time usually look at The Cube curiously. According to my observations, these people like the broken reflections in the glass surfaces.

Back