The Duke of Lancaster

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I know images of the Funship have been posted on TP loads of time, even a few days ago I've just spotted, but I was keen to capture it when we were staying in North Wales earlier in the year.

It was a fairly windy day so I wanted to take a long exposure with the big stopper. However given how bright it was I was only able to go as far as a 60 second exposure.

The Duke Of Lancaster by Delta Skies, on Flickr

This brought back memories Peter! We used to go past the "Fun Ship" on our way to Anglesey on family holidays when I was a kid! Went past not so long ago, didn't spot the interesting graffiti on the side but only drove past with it on my right side and didn't look over my shoulder for health and safety reasons! LOL!

Really like the effect of the long exposure on this.

Thanks Alan. I never went close before due to the stories of alleged health warnings issued by the previous owners and their "bouncers" when they spotted people getting too close. You still can't get right up due to fencing but it's worth stopping off. Just park in Abakhan's car park and walk down under the railway bridge to the side.

More history on the ship and be found here and on here for the graffiti project

Nice shot, been up to this many a time over the years and got very very close to it. seems such a shame that is basically disused.

Thanks Alex. I agree about it being disused. I like the tag line that the group involved in the graffiti has... "Your Ship Looked Like **** so We Painted It".

I like it. The fore ground is a touch distracting, but not horrendous and it's more than made up by the colour across the image.

Back