The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That'll be an Instax Mini Evo, I know it's made by Fooj, but it's not branded Fuji.
Bloody good fun they are too. You'll love it...
This is SooC from my Instax (shot yesterday)
View attachment 406527

I only really wanted a Instax mini printer, but the Link 2 is micro usb…I found out the Instax Mini Evo now has usb-c now so I got it for the usb-c really, the camera part is a big bonus despite costing more.

I only really wanted a Instax mini printer, but the Link 2 is micro usb…I found out the Instax Mini Evo now has usb-c now so I got it for the usb-c really, the camera part is a big bonus despite costing more.
Ooh, that's an upgrade then. I got mine when they first came out and it's the older micro usb connection.
To be honest, the digital files don't hold up well. But then again, that's not really the point of them, it's just a bonus.

Ooh, that's an upgrade then. I got mine when they first came out and it's the older micro usb connection.
To be honest, the digital files don't hold up well. But then again, that's not really the point of them, it's just a bonus.

Yeah, I looked it up, it got updated when the brown version was released.

Reactions: LC2
Arrived, and it is USB-C !!! yay!

kXXVhGN.jpg

How does it work? Is it a small scale C type print, projecting the image to be printed on the paper to expose?

How does it work? Is it a small scale C type print, projecting the image to be printed on the paper to expose?

You have to buy Fuji's version of their polaroid style film (10mins to "develop" after printing). You can print from either Bluetooth a photo from your phone (which means of course your Fuji camera app transfer to phone), or direct shot with this little X100-esq camera/printer.

There is an LCD at the back, you can even apply preset filters to the image and then print. There is a Micro SD card slot to hold images you take or transfer over.

It still annoys me that you cannot print directly from Fuji cameras, but have to go through a phone. Except for the X-S10, which means it can be done, so it is even more annoying!

Just FYI I am looking to buy an X-E4 and sell my X-T20. Got a wanted post in classifieds; but I think my budget is ambitious to say the least.

In any case, let me know if you (or someone you know) have/want what I want/have :)

X-E4 seems harder to come by than X100v! I’ve only seen 1 come up in LCE in the past 12 months.

There’s a few on eBay; and MPB have some. But the reseller prices are a bit high. I think it’s a none-starter to be honest; but you never know
As with the X100V, Fuji couldn't make enough of them to meet demand and the X-E4 is now discontinued. To be fair, the kit of the X-E4 with the 27mm f2.8 WR for £999 was a complete bargain and I'm not surprised it sold like hot cakes. Some people do prefer the X-E3 as it has more physical controls but prices of those have gone up as well with X-E4s being so hard to find.

It looks like Fuji have started their Black Friday/Winter sales with cashback on some bodies and lenses - including the 50-140, which I was planning to purchase in the next few weeks.

As with the X100V, Fuji couldn't make enough of them to meet demand and the X-E4 is now discontinued. To be fair, the kit of the X-E4 with the 27mm f2.8 WR for £999 was a complete bargain and I'm not surprised it sold like hot cakes. Some people do prefer the X-E3 as it has more physical controls but prices of those have gone up as well with X-E4s being so hard to find.
Yeah I had a play with an X-E3 at Wilkinson cameras and I really like the form factor over the X-T20 style bodies. As the X-E3 and X-T20 are the same camera inside I can't be arsed with the hassle of side-grading; so if I'm going to do it may as well upgrade! Also the X-E4 works with the new Fuji app and has a few other QoL changes.

They're going for over retail value on eBay in some cases though; I'm not willing to do that for a used body.

Yeah I had a play with an X-E3 at Wilkinson cameras and I really like the form factor over the X-T20 style bodies. As the X-E3 and X-T20 are the same camera inside I can't be arsed with the hassle of side-grading; so if I'm going to do it may as well upgrade! Also the X-E4 works with the new Fuji app and has a few other QoL changes.

They're going for over retail value on eBay in some cases though; I'm not willing to do that for a used body.
Is something like an X-T4 too big for you? They're the same price used as an X-E4 but it's a much more robust camera. Same sensor so the images will be the same but much tougher with many more controls, and they're still tiny really. You also get IBIS, better battery life, weather sealing etc.

Last edited:
I was going for the X-E4 once upon a time too but after a long search, both looking online and my soul....and logic....i eventually settled on the X-S10.

It goes for 30% less than the X-T4, same internals really. The main nitpick for me is you can't double click the joystick to center the focus point.

I was going for the X-E4 once upon a time too but after a long search, both looking online and my soul....and logic....i eventually settled on the X-S10.

It goes for 30% less than the X-T4, same internals really. The main nitpick for me is you can't double click the joystick to center the focus point.
This is what I really like about Fuji, it's more about picking your preferred form factor and features that are important to you, as the cameras are all more or less the same internally and take the same photos.

Before I made the full system switch in 2022 I was looking at picking up a used X-E2 or X-E3 as a holidays / day out camera. This is before prices for them went silly.

Is something like an X-T4 too big for you? They're the same price used as an X-E4 but it's a much more robust camera. Same sensor so the images will be the same but much tougher with many more controls, and they're still tiny really. You also get IBIS, better battery life, weather sealing etc.
Yeah it is really. In fairness the X-T20/30 size is great; its a mini X-T4; but I find that at that size its a bit clumsy with all the controls on. I tend to smush the d-pad when taking pics; or accidentally press a function thats next to the shutter button. Or - and this happens the most - turn dials on the camera when taking it in and out of a sling bag!

Given that, for the most part, I'm shooting landscapes or street in aperture priority; I don't need all the buttons - in fact they get in the way. And as you say, the great thing about these cameras is all the good stuff is still in there - if I want to shoot a mountain bike race, or put on a long lens and shoot wildlife, or get a shot of the milkyway via long exposure - an X-E4 has all the settings in it (somewhere!) to do that.

Last edited:
The best thing about the XS10/20 is the dial that you can just turn and change all the simulations. No menus required. If you love that, it’s absolutely perfect. I don’t think you can do this on other series of bodies.

The best thing about the XS10/20 is the dial that you can just turn and change all the simulations. No menus required. If you love that, it’s absolutely perfect. I don’t think you can do this on other series of bodies.

Can you program one of the blank dials to be exposure compensation on the S10? Thats the most used one for me. I have to say I like that the X-E4 is a flush rectangle. I know the S10 is small but the X-E4 looks so sleek. I'm so shallow!

Can you program one of the blank dials to be exposure compensation on the S10? Thats the most used one for me. I have to say I like that the X-E4 is a flush rectangle. I know the S10 is small but the X-E4 looks so sleek. I'm so shallow!

The blank dial should be able to be programmed to anything you want, but the left one (as you look from the back) is set to Film Simulation select.

I think one of the right side ones defaults to exposure comp.

Has anyone on this thread picked up a copy of the Viltrox 27mm f1.2 yet? I've seen loads of glowing YouTube reviews but I'm aware a lot of these reviewers will have been sent the lens by Viltrox. Everything I've seen about it suggests it is an absolute bargain of a lens but just wondering if anyone has any real world feedback on it? I've seen a post on the DPReview forums where someone had to return the lens twice until he got one he was happy with so QC might be a problem.

Best value X-T4 at the moment, boxed, serviced. £900.

Best value X-T4 at the moment, boxed, serviced. £900.
That's a bargain for a very capable camera

Has anyone on this thread picked up a copy of the Viltrox 27mm f1.2 yet? I've seen loads of glowing YouTube reviews but I'm aware a lot of these reviewers will have been sent the lens by Viltrox. Everything I've seen about it suggests it is an absolute bargain of a lens but just wondering if anyone has any real world feedback on it? I've seen a post on the DPReview forums where someone had to return the lens twice until he got one he was happy with so QC might be a problem.
Plenty of posts from @Speedy136 a few pages back with this lens

Plenty of posts from @Speedy136 a few pages back with this lens
That'll teach me to use the search function :)

Have a trip to Rome booked next May and really fancy a nice fast prime to walk around with in addition to my 18-55mm zoom. I know the Viltrox is massive for a 27mm lens but the IQ looks incredible, I know I could get a Fuji 23mm f2 for less cash and nowhere near the size but there is something about the images from the Viltrox.

Last edited:
I've not posted any X series photos here for a while, so let's have this one from London Film & Comic Con.
Ayla is cosplaying Ellie from The Last of Us 2, so this was shot with a view to gritty processing and the Bleach Bypass film simulation.
It was an artistic choice to focus on the 'wrong eye' for this shot.
We had great fun trying not to spill too much fake blood on the floor. Not sure we really succeeded ;)

Ellie - The Last Of Us 2 by Tim White, on Flickr

It's as good as everyone says. By far my favourite lens.

It's VERY heavy though. I've been lugging it around Japan for the last couple of weeks and while I don't regret my decision, I will certainly be cutting down my gear list for next time.

https://opticallimits.com/fuji_x/1176-viltrox27f12 got a very good review on optical limits

Back