The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Is this the best 23mm lens?

Fujifilm Fujinon XF23mm F1.4 R Lens​

It’s no slouch, it’s sharper at F2 than the original X100 lens and the XF23mm F2.

As @trevorbray says the newer WR F1.4 is probably slightly ahead but the revised X100 version (V/VI) is also excellent but not at F1.4!!!

IMO there are some good third party options but none of them are as good as the Fuji’s once you take everything into account (but they are cheaper).

I liked the original 23mmF1.4 on the X-T2, the balance was good and I felt I got decent results, but if it was a one camera solution I would personally go for the X100V over and X-T2/3+XF23mmF1.4 - but then you’ve already been there :)

These have a nice vibe - what filter/processing ?

Thanks....

Ummm..... I'm not entirely sure on the exact PP to be honest. When I picked up the X100f I used the same LR profile that I made for my Sony cameras which I then messed around with slightly to get them more 'matching' from both systems. I'm pretty sure I then stepped it back a bit as I wanted the Fuji stuff to be more one click film like rather than the more precise Sony editing.

For years now I have usually gone for the more softer pastel film style.

1Ks90kTh.jpg

Last edited:
I have noticed that the Jpeg from the camera sent via the Fuji app to the phone, then uploaded here isn't as sharp as the RAW version. This is edited and exported in LR,

Last edited:
I never actually edited Fuji RAW before....it seems when I load it in to LR, at first I can see the recipe applied, but if I wait a few seconds, that disappears and the image goes flat...where can I find that filter applied again?

I never actually edited Fuji RAW before....it seems when I load it in to LR, at first I can see the recipe applied, but if I wait a few seconds, that disappears and the image goes flat...where can I find that filter applied again?
That will be the jpeg preview. You need to look at the camera profiles in the Develop module to see the standard simulations that can be applied.

They are in the "profiles" but at the top of the basic tab where "Adobe Colour" defaults.

i was curious about that too when I got my x-t20 but bought the Viltrox version instead as you can pick it up for £150-ish. In my experience, the Viltrox was very sharp but does have quite a bit of CA wide open… can be “fixed” in post usually

Sold it this week as I have the 18mm f2, 27mm f2.8 and 33mm f1.4 so the 23 just wasn’t getting used

The reviews suggest the LM WR version is a little better. Had it on my X-T5. Super combo.

It’s no slouch, it’s sharper at F2 than the original X100 lens and the XF23mm F2.

As @trevorbray says the newer WR F1.4 is probably slightly ahead but the revised X100 version (V/VI) is also excellent but not at F1.4!!!

IMO there are some good third party options but none of them are as good as the Fuji’s once you take everything into account (but they are cheaper).

I liked the original 23mmF1.4 on the X-T2, the balance was good and I felt I got decent results, but if it was a one camera solution I would personally go for the X100V over and X-T2/3+XF23mmF1.4 - but then you’ve already been there :)

No it’s old and clunky, the new WR is far better
I looked at the original 1.4 because it is a 1.4 and smaller than the newer WR. But yes, an X100 still seems to be where I keep coming back to.

I looked at the original 1.4 because it is a 1.4 and smaller than the newer WR. But yes, an X100 still seems to be where I keep coming back to.
I've had the old version a few times, loved the final images but it does have issues, the new one is just about perfect imo. Like you i've had and sold the X100 a few times, 1 x F 3 x V, again i've had some great images from it but also had some major disappointment with the AF at times. If it performs like the X-T5 it should be a lovely piece of gear, however having that ability to swap out a lens no matter how infrequent should not be under estimated and the ergonomics of the X-T5 is lovely in comparison to the X-T4.

I've had the old version a few times, loved the final images but it does have issues, the new one is just about perfect imo. Like you i've had and sold the X100 a few times, 1 x F 3 x V, again i've had some great images from it but also had some major disappointment with the AF at times. If it performs like the X-T5 it should be a lovely piece of gear, however having that ability to swap out a lens no matter how infrequent should not be under estimated and the ergonomics of the X-T5 is lovely in comparison to the X-T4.
I just can’t gel with an EVF unfortunately - love the OVF of the X100 series

So the wait time isn't that long, ebay spivs and other grifters will get stuck with them hopefully.

So the wait time isn't that long, ebay spivs and other grifters will get stuck with them hopefully.

Since I missed the first wave and waited until that weekend before ordering, I fully expected to wait for 3 months+.

So it’s either not as many going for black or Fuji being conservative with production time or bit of both.

Since I missed the first wave and waited until that weekend before ordering, I fully expected to wait for 3 months+.

So it’s either not as many going for black or Fuji being conservative with production time or bit of both.
I also think it's easier to respond to demand in China and ramp up production, Japan not so much.

I also think it's easier to respond to demand in China and ramp up production, Japan not so much.

I’ve always been lucky getting tech or things that I want without pre ordering or having to wait an age. Way back with the Wii to more recent PS5 in the first 6 months, Xbox Series X by just walking into John Lewis, even got Taylor Swift Tickets (x4).

random question time… has anyone had issues using an x-e2 in wet weather? I’m off to Scotland in a few weeks and I’m yet to replace my x-t2. I imagine it’ll get wet, but I don’t want that to stop me taking photos. I’d rather not carry a brolly everywhere too, although I may have to consider it

Sadly, as much as I loved the cameras, my time with the Fuji system is at an end as the AF simply isn't reliable enough for what I do.

All the kit has gone to Wex but I have a couple of left over items:

1 x Fringer EF-FX Pro II mount adapter for Canon to Fuji

And three DuraPro W235 batteries with two dual mount USB chargers. Those would have to be collection only because of postage restrictions.

If anyone is interested, please tell me on here and I'll set up a sales post.

To abide by the rules, no PMs please.

Thanks

Sadly, as much as I loved the cameras, my time with the Fuji system is at an end as the AF simply isn't reliable enough for what I do.

All the kit has gone to Wex but I have a couple of left over items:

1 x Fringer EF-FX Pro II mount adapter for Canon to Fuji

And three DuraPro W235 batteries with two dual mount USB chargers. Those would have to be collection only because of postage restrictions.

If anyone is interested, please tell me on here and I'll set up a sales post.

To abide by the rules, no PMs please.

Thanks
What do you do and what do you know own to do it?

Second question…I can’t seem to get the little screen in the corner of the OVF to pop up…how do I do that? Or where in the settings do I turn that on?

Does that screen only come out in Manual focusing?

Last edited:
Second question…I can’t seem to get the little screen in the corner of the OVF to pop up…how do I do that? Or where in the settings do I turn that on?

Does that screen only come out in Manual focusing?
The lever you used to switch from evf to ovf......push it the other way

Back