The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Isn't Bath now part of "Avon", as is Bristol?
Avon no longer exists - Bristol is a city & county separate from Bath, which is in BANES (Bath & Northeast Somerset).

Im looking into buying a used x series camera for travelling. Needs to be compact but have interchangeable lens capabilities.
I want to explore super wide lenses, ideally less than 16mm if possible. Would I need an adapter and a third party old manual lens? I’m not familiar with the whole x range. Thanks

The Samyang 12mm is a great little manual lens; there's an auto-focus version now too, and Viltrox do a 13mm AF which is excellent.

If you're looking for wider than 15mm in FF equivalent then Fuji do a 10-24mm and an 8-16mm. I think there are a couple of third-party lenses at 10mm, too.

53716457374_fdd8c74b04_c.jpg

Cemetery path

Another view from Hedon Road cemetry.
These worm eye views are not good for old knees.

T3 8/16

Recieved Smallrig leather case, thumb rest + Soft shutter button.

The Thumbrest and shutter button is what it is, pieces of metal. What I am surprise of is the leather case. The quality is quite nice, interesting magnet design at the hinge to close it. Not sure on the velcro at the base though, the whole thing should be held together with magnets I felt since the base of the leather case has a metal plate.

It seems there is a healthy street racing scene in Kanazawa. Caught this guy at the end of a very long and rainy day, when we were almost back to the hotel. I heard it coming, but the camera was in my bag and not set up for it at all. I grabbed what I could as it thundered past. I stood there checking to see if I got anything useable, then showed my girlfriend... She asked "Did you not see the 4-5 others that came by after him?". Serves me right for chimping.

I waited around for a while, but didn't see much else. I did however hear them later that night, for most of the night. Lots of rev limiter bouncing etc, sounded like they were drifting somewhere. I contemplated getting up and going to find them at around 2am, but by that point we were around 12 days into the trip, had been walking 30k+ steps every day, with early mornings and late nights...

Kanazawa by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

22 May 2024 10:25

In stock alert! At the time this email was sent, we are pleased to inform you that the product(s) below are available again at the FUJIFILM X | GFX eShop. Stock may be limited, so we recommend ordering as soon as possible if you're still interested in this item, as the product could go out of stock again very quickly. Please note: If you are receiving this email due to the X100VI, we must advise that only a small volume of stock has been added, however, a significant number of customers have registered for this update, so we apologise in advance, if after clicking on the link the product is already out of stock again. However, more stock will be arriving at regular intervals going forward.

FUJIFILM X100VI

The FUJIFILM X100VI offers exceptional stills and video quality in a pocketable, lightweight body. The perfect camera for everyday use, its feature-packed specification will help you make unforgettable content.

We are sorry if you arrive on this page and the product is out of stock! This is due to unprecedented demand for the camera. However, we will be receiving regular stock updates going forward.

We are currently only accepting orders of 1 unit, please do not order multiple cameras as your order will be reduced to 1 unit.

As low as £1,599.00

22 May 2024 10:27

Out of stock !

Anyone had any experience of the Tamron 18-300? Reviews are pretty good; obviously there’s some pixel peepers on DP review who say it’s no match for Fuji glass.

Currently on Mull towards the end of my holiday and my biggest irritation is having to swap lenses all the time. Would happily compromise a bit of edge sharpness for laziness convenience

Anyone had any experience of the Tamron 18-300? Reviews are pretty good; obviously there’s some pixel peepers on DP review who say it’s no match for Fuji glass.

Currently on Mull towards the end of my holiday and my biggest irritation is having to swap lenses all the time. Would happily compromise a bit of edge sharpness for laziness convenience
No, but I (and @Nod )have the fuji 18-135 which is a remarkably decent lens if it's long enough for your needs. Obviously not as sharp as a prime, but a lot easier than a bag full of primes!
I'd certainly be interested in hearing what replies you get to this question.

No, but I (and @Nod )have the fuji 18-135 which is a remarkably decent lens if it's long enough for your needs. Obviously not as sharp as a prime, but a lot easier than a bag full of primes!
I'd certainly be interested in hearing what replies you get to this question.
I should probably have added - I’m swapping between the XF 18-55mm and the XC 50-230mm.

A lens that covers 18-300mm is very appealing. Reviews seem to indicate that it’s the first super zoom covering such a range that is worth bothering with; but some real-world experience would be nice. It’s about half an inch longer than the 50-230mm, is weather sealed and has a lock to prevent lens creep.

It’s almost too good to be true!

I’d likely sell my two zooms and add some primes to my collection if the Tamron was good enough.

Last edited:
I should probably have added - I’m swapping between the XF 18-55mm and the XC 50-230mm.

A lens that covers 18-300mm is very appealing. Reviews seem to indicate that it’s the first super zoom covering such a range that is worth bothering with; but some real-world experience would be nice. It’s about half an inch longer than the 50-230mm, is weather sealed and has a lock to prevent lens creep.

It’s almost too good to be true!

I’d likely sell my two zooms and add some primes to my collection if the Tamron was good enough.
I totally understand. I vaguely looked at the Tamron a while back but think I was put off by it's max aperture and a used fuji 75-300 that was calling my name, although it was a while ago.

Or buy a second body………..

This ^^^

I know I'm talking 50ny in a Fuji thread..... But I picked up an A7Riii for it's extra features & kept my old A7 because I've had it years, I've done a lot with it, and it wasn't really worth a great deal..... Having two bodies is nice! Yes, there is a bit of extra weight & space, but generally I think it is worth it. I go A7Riii & 35GM plus the A7 & 85/1.8 or 70-180/2.8 - I'd rather carry the extra 500g or so of the A7 than have to keep swapping lenses. Plus, in my situation no zoom is going to cover 35mm at f/1.4 & 85mm at f/1.8 :)

Back