The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well there is a 30 day free return period so I don't see much risk really. Amazon are good anout these things.

The 2.5 x 2.5 text itself seems to be a pro forma descriptor of a 'small' mark, I was looking at a monitor earlier and it had the same description of a small blemish on the bezel.

Possibly, but a 2.5cm square blemish on anything, even a car could hardly be considered small ?

The Fuji refurb store says similar although not the dimensions re superficial damage. Like others, my X-T10 was essentially brand new when received from them. Hopefully Amazon will be the same.

Last edited:
"Less than" so mark could be 0.1mm x 0.1mm, it will be free return and Amazon are great with returns/CS

But that doesnt change the fact he doesnt have to buy it. Which is what I said. I am aware of Amazons service.

I'll unsubscribe from this thread. It's no longer about the kit it's all about whether rookies should buy one. This would be a better conversation on Facebook.

Then unsubscribe it not everything about u

He's done this to the Sony A7 and Nikon D750 threads already within the last few months. It does get quite tiresome but you could just put him on ignore rather than unsubbing from the thread :)
Like what he said put me on ignore list like I care

That's just plain silly.
If you have two kits with you then you will always go to one or the other as your "default" kit. Then you will have to think when you pick up the other. Then you will give over picking it up because you have to think. Then you will sell it. By all means buy one and try it, but alongside your existing gear? That won't work.

I know exactly what your saying as I've been there twice and now a third time!!!

I have two bodies and XT1 and an XT10 and I have just sold the XT-10 to MBP for a part ex on a Nikon D5200. Only reason is that I wanted something that will track quicker for birds in flight and a fast moving Spaniel. I would have loved the 100-400 but its out of my price range so a cheaper option was a DSLR and a Tamron 70-300 VC USD and I will take it out with My XT1 and 27mm or 35mm.

Ive not purchased any other lenses for the DSLR on purpose this time so I have to take the Fuji. I have 6 Fuji lenses at the minute anyway Samyang 12. Fuji 27,35,56, 18-135 and 50-230. When I go out I tend to take the 12,35 and 56, and the 50-230 is currently up for sale anyway.

Has anyone here used Amazon warehouse ? The description on one of the used XT1's is a bit disconcerting, "small cosmetic blemish on front of camera, less than 2.5x 2.5cm" ??????

I bought mine as "used - like new". It was new and sealed :) Also bought a laptop which was used - very good. That had clearly been used, but was not damaged in any way.

The Fuji refurb store says similar although not the dimensions re superficial damage. Like others, my X-T10 was essentially brand new when received from them. Hopefully Amazon will be the same.
Yeah every camera I've bought from Fuji refurb has looked like a brand new camera, and the lenses. I've not really heard of Amazon marketplace before but there seems to be some bargains to be had, and you can always return them. Looking at the classified section on TP there seems to be some reluctance from buyers to buy from the forum once Amazon marketplace is mentioned.

Yeah every camera I've bought from Fuji refurb has looked like a brand new camera, and the lenses. I've not really heard of Amazon marketplace before but there seems to be some bargains to be had, and you can always return them. Looking at the classified section on TP there seems to be some reluctance from buyers to buy from the forum once Amazon marketplace is mentioned.
I noticed the same and saw the X-T10 advertised at £350. For the price the refurb store has them at it's a no brainer though and second hand needs to be ludicrously cheap.

Like what he said put me on ignore list like I care

Andrew, the reason I swapped Nikon, after 2.5 decades of loyal service to the brand, was the Fuji colours and rendition. I loved the natural vibrance of the Fuji files and subtle creaminess of the files in the same way I loved the Leica image rendition. For me, that's the only reason to change unless you're struggling with weight. Yes, the Fujis are smaller and more compact to carry but I would't have swapped for that reason as my X-T1 is used to 99% in a studio type environment. Make the choice based on what you personally like to see in your images and you'll be good to go, mate.

Andrew, the reason I swapped Nikon, after 2.5 decades of loyal service to the brand, was the Fuji colours and rendition. I loved the natural vibrance of the Fuji files and subtle creaminess of the files in the same way I loved the Leica image rendition. For me, that's the only reason to change unless you're struggling with weight. Yes, the Fujis are smaller and more compact to carry but I would't have swapped for that reason as my X-T1 is used to 99% in a studio type environment. Make the choice based on what you personally like to see in your images and you'll be good to go, mate.

Thank you for your information much appreciated

Yup. The fuji does render files beautifully. Combination of sensor and especially high quality fast lenses makes it very similar to ff rendering imo.

Back