The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

OK I'm late on here with my X-T1 but I'm considering the following and wondered if anyone has had the same dilemma, I know it's a personal choice but just after opinions.
L shaped swiss arca plate with grip
Or
Fuji vertical battery grip.?
Can't make up my mind.

I use a L Plate minus the grip and portrait side plate, so basically its just a plate with a dovetail the length of the camera

I'm the first to admit that when it comes to landscape photography my work leaves a lot to be desired. But this shot that I did in Cornwall when I was last in those parts I thought was reasonably acceptable.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/500th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Cornwall (2)-120050 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Interesting, your description shows X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/500th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.. The Image on Flikr and EXIF shows Nikon200. Which applies??

Interesting, your description shows X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/500th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.. The Image on Flikr and EXIF shows Nikon200. Which applies??

Perfectly correct and thanks for pointing it out to me, I've just checked my Flickr shots and some of my old D200 images have in actual fact been mixed up with my X-T1 images. My mistake guy's, sorry for any confusion.:banghead:

George.

Last edited:
Was checking out for a used 55-200 everyone and found one today on MPB. Since all my nikon kit is with MPB at the moment, gave them a call today and they reserve me the Fuji 55-200 lens as part exchange. hopefully they check all my gear soon so theycan send me the lens and the cash :)

Just need to find the 56mm f1.2 now. I see alot of the APD version onthe used market but not the normal one.

Was checking out for a used 55-200 everyone and found one today on MPB. Since all my nikon kit is with MPB at the moment, gave them a call today and they reserve me the Fuji 55-200 lens as part exchange. hopefully they check all my gear soon so theycan send me the lens and the cash :)

Just need to find the 56mm f1.2 now. I see alot of the APD version onthe used market but not the normal one.

The Fooj 55-200mm is an "Excellent" lens Sir, it's one of my favorites without a doubt.(y)

George.

The Fooj 55-200mm is an "Excellent" lens Sir, it's one of my favorites without a doubt.(y)

George.

Good news! MPB just email me saying all my gear is checked and is fine, they will dispatch the Fuji 55-200 to me tomorrow and follow by the remaining 4 digit money to my bank. Time to look for the 56mm now. Not sure if I buy use or buy new. Brand new is £770, used is around £600 or Fuji refurbish (if in stock) is £550.

I got more for my D3 kit because I didn't know each spare En-EL4a battery gives me around £15-20 per battery. I got 4 spare and they give me decent money for them.

Last edited:
Good news! MPB just email me saying all my gear is checked and is fine, they will dispatch the Fuji 55-200 to me tomorrow and follow by the remaining 4 digit money to my bank. Time to look for the 56mm now. Not sure if I buy use or buy new. Brand new is £770, used is around £600 or Fuji refurbish (if in stock) is £550.

I got more for my D3 kit because I didn't know each spare En-EL4a battery gives me around £15-20 per battery. I got 4 spare and they give me decent money for them.
how much was the 50-200 Badboy?

A very strange first post; followed by silence.

My thoughts exactly Sir, but never the less I'm grateful that my mistake was pointed out to me.(y)

George.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of a guy doin' a bit of street togging. I quite like the expression on the ladies face behind him.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/170th @ F5.6, ISO-400, Handheld.
Togger (2)-03069 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George

Last edited:
Talking about MPB, they paid me already :) and lens dispatch, they are really quick.
I sold them some gear this week. I only saw their mail asking for my bank details at 7PM yesterday evening. Funds were in my account last night. Must be automated but still impressive.

I sold them some gear this week. I only saw their mail asking for my bank details at 7PM yesterday evening. Funds were in my account last night. Must be automated but still impressive.

I got the email but no where to put bank detail except a phone number to confirm part exchange and payment. Call them up and all sorted.

They sent me a mail saying that gear had been checked and told me they were sending a bank details form "soon". Both arrived together. I opened the bank details form and all that was on it were two boxes for me to fill in sort code and account number. No reference number, no agreed price, non of my personal details at all. As soon as I'd filled the form in an acknowledgement popped up to tell me that money would be in my bank in 24 hours.
Twas all very slick and efficient.

35/1.4R arrived today from MBP, but going back because it was described as Like New with Original packaging.

Arrived with no box, no papers, not even the hood.

Focusing isn't too bad with the XT-1 actually, 1.4 is nice, not just the bokeh but just lowers the ISO which is good.

If ,my 55-200 comes with box and caps but no hood, is not their fault because it didn't say the hood is included. If is describe I'm happy.

If ,my 55-200 comes with box and caps but no hood, is not their fault because it didn't say the hood is included. If is describe I'm happy.

I expect when it describe as "Like New with original packaging" I expect everything you get when like new, opening the box. Including the paperwork.

The hood is a part of the lens for this lens, it comes with it inside the box, it's like buying a Like New camera body and missing the eye cup, or buying a "like new" car and missing a wheel.

Like that George! Well suited to black and white.

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

I think that sigma lens he is using is the same as my first ever tele zoom lens I owned

I wouldn't know what lens the guy's using Sir, I've never used Sigma kit so I certainly wouldn't recognize it.(y)

George.

I expect when it describe as "Like New with original packaging" I expect everything you get when like new, opening the box. Including the paperwork.

The hood is a part of the lens for this lens, it comes with it inside the box, it's like buying a Like New camera body and missing the eye cup, or buying a "like new" car and missing a wheel.

I would expect mostly everything it came with when new too, can't say I would worry about the paperwork though

I would expect mostly everything it came with when new too, can't say I would worry about the paperwork though

I generally don't care if it is discribed correctly as my X-T1 didn't have a box or the flash and it was described as so and priced as so.

This was described with box and as new condition. With that I expect the box and everything that came with the box. I would expect more than the shell of a box, I expect the bits of cardboard that separate all the bits too.

I generally don't care if it is discribed correctly as my X-T1 didn't have a box or the flash and it was described as so and priced as so.

This was described with box and as new condition. With that I expect the box and everything that came with the box. I would expect more than the shell of a box, I expect the bits of cardboard that separate all the bits too.
I always keep all my boxes. When I PX'ed some gear recently, LCE were astounded that I had all the paperwork, all the boxes, even the DVD's etc. Firstly I think it shows that you look after your kit, and secondly it allows you to push for a better deal.

I always keep all my boxes. When I PX'ed some gear recently, LCE were astounded that I had all the paperwork, all the boxes, even the DVD's etc. Firstly I think it shows that you look after your kit, and secondly it allows you to push for a better deal.

I have bought some good gear that was unboxed, not sure why keeping a box in the loft or under the bed means you look after your kit.

Like wise, i even keep the plastic bag that the lens comes in. The only thing I would throw away is the plastic screen protector on the LCD on the cameras.

I just traded in my 35L, box, plastic bag, even the service invoice from Canon Elstree showing the work done in 2011 on the lens. The first thing I do when i get a lens or camera is get the lens out, put it in my Pelican case and put the box away. I don't even bother taking the strap out of the plastic bag, or that pouch the lens comes in. They are all sealed and then get put away and the first thing I do is put a UV filter on it and then never unscrew again.

I can literally put the lens as new condition when I come to sell it...the only thing I would perhaps call it used is the lens hood. Not a problem, just get a new one and you wouldn't be able to tell after that.

Reactions: ASH
I have bought some good gear that was unboxed, not sure why keeping a box in the loft or under the bed means you look after your kit.

It means an attention of care, as opposed those that don't care for the box.

It doesn't translate that you care for your gear of course, but like anything, keeping the original bits will get you more money, not just lenses. It applies to Watches, Guitars and even cars. The more original you can make it the more desirable it is.

I just use my gear and no intention of treating it like a cupboard queen, wear and tear doesn't mean you are careless

Why put a filter on an expensive lens, extra bit of glass can only degrade the optical quality

Just today I chucked the box for my new tv out, does that mean I won't look after it, of course not

Can't say I think about selling something when I've only just bought it

Last edited:
I keep all my boxes too, it makes sending out stuff alot easier and safer. I have no issue buying unboxed too, of course if I have a choice I would prefer having the original box too. Bought a Fuji 18mm f2 in here for £150 mint unbox but comes with all the caps and lens hood. If I buy something similar used in the shop they are listing for £300 ish.

Back