The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hey guys, I finally upgraded my X-T1 - I've got an X-T3 coming tomorrow, and I'm looking for extra batteries. I've got a £100 Amazon voucher so figured I'd be able to get a couple of batteries and a soft release button or something, but there doesn't seem to be any decent options for NP-W126S on amazon.

I'm ok with third party so long as they're some of the better ones - Patona, ExPro, and Wasabi tend to get good reviews. My trusty ExPro's have held up well on the X-T1 for the last 3 years, I don't see any difference between them and the OEM.

But there is literally nothing decent on Amazon, third party or OEM. Am I missing something?

Anyone have good experiences with other third parties? I won't be doing much video, if at all, so won't really be pushing them too hard.

Hey guys, I finally upgraded my X-T1 - I've got an X-T3 coming tomorrow, and I'm looking for extra batteries. I've got a £100 Amazon voucher so figured I'd be able to get a couple of batteries and a soft release button or something, but there doesn't seem to be any decent options for NP-W126S on amazon.

I'm ok with third party so long as they're some of the better ones - Patona, ExPro, and Wasabi tend to get good reviews. My trusty ExPro's have held up well on the X-T1 for the last 3 years, I don't see any difference between them and the OEM.

But there is literally nothing decent on Amazon, third party or OEM. Am I missing something?

Anyone have good experiences with other third parties? I won't be doing much video, if at all, so won't really be pushing them too hard.
Amazon sell the Hahnel equivalent HL-F126
I’ve several Hahnel. All good.

Oops.
View attachment 332786

Tripod fell over, landed on L bracket, no damage to body bar a teeny scratch to lcd but 16-55mm mount snapped at the bosses the screws go into. Going off to Fiji ASAP.
Sorry to see this mate. My 16-55mm face planted a Welsh hillside over the weekend with my 14 or so stone behind it. Thankfully it was onto very soft (albeit wet) moss / grass and seems to have cleaned up okay! Hope it isn't too expensive a fix.

The only ones I see are ambiguous - the photos show 126S but the listing shows just 126, and compatability only lists older models.
I've been using the Homesuit batteries from Amazon. They seem to work fine in the X-T3. I've only used them for a few months and not exclusively as I have a lot of other batteries so I can't vouch for their longevity but at £22 for 2 with a charger I thought it was worth taking a chance.

Whilst on holiday I picked myself up a used XF 100-400 in great condition (thanks Cambrian Photography) and have been delighted with it.

I'm considering getting the XF 1.4x converter and wondered if anyone had tried this combination and what impact the TC has on AF spead and image quality. I'm hoping to start taking some more bird / widelife photos so the extra reach would be useful. My camera is the X-H1.

Thanks

Dave

Whilst on holiday I picked myself up a used XF 100-400 in great condition (thanks Cambrian Photography) and have been delighted with it.

I'm considering getting the XF 1.4x converter and wondered if anyone had tried this combination and what impact the TC has on AF spead and image quality. I'm hoping to start taking some more bird / widelife photos so the extra reach would be useful. My camera is the X-H1.

Thanks

Dave
I used a 1.4TC with a 100-400 on an XT-2 a few years ago and it didn't really affect AF speed so on the XH-1 I don't think you would be disappointed.

Thanks

Dave
Dave

Great choice of lens and body! Love the X-H1 and its love child, the X-S10, which arrived yesterday from Fuji Refurb in totally 'as new' condition.

Absolutely no difference to AF or IQ at all. I have both converters and the 1.4x is my favourite as the 2x starts to drop off from 340mm onwards. The 1.4x is lovely on the 100-400mm as well as the 50-140mmm. and will be used on my 70-300mm once the very slow boat from the Phillipines arrives and it is unloaded!

Dave

Great choice of lens and body! Love the X-H1 and its love child, the X-S10, which arrived yesterday from Fuji Refurb in totally 'as new' condition.

Absolutely no difference to AF or IQ at all. I have both converters and the 1.4x is my favourite as the 2x starts to drop off from 340mm onwards. The 1.4x is lovely on the 100-400mm as well as the 50-140mmm. and will be used on my 70-300mm once the very slow boat from the Phillipines arrives and it is unloaded!
That's great news. I bought the X-H1 as a baby brother to my GFX50S and have fallen in love with it. It's so well designed - a joy to use.

Thanks

Dave

I've used the 100-400 & 1.4TC quite a bit, although on either an X-T2 or T3. Needs a bit of light at the long end, but I've got images I'm very pleased with from it.

560mm @ 3200 ISO....

DSCF0731 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

"Faceless Chat"

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a couple of Ladies taking a rest on a public bench and appearing to be having a Secret Meeting.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Faceless Chat (1)-03575 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Love the colours and overall processing @imattersuk

Nice composition @Mark Dell

I keep getting tempted to sell all my gear and get the 100v. Love the look and the outputs from the camera. I feel I'd regret it though if I did it.

I’ve had loads of different makes and models of camera and hundreds of lenses (many repurchased several times!) over the years and I regularly revert to just the iPhone in my pocket for periods of time but there is something magical about the X100 series cameras that keep me coming back - and despite a habit of selling stuff if it is not used for two weeks, I can’t let the V go this time.

For anyone thinking of selling up to get an X100 but worried about missing the flexibility - the X-E3 / X-E4 is the obvious solution IMO.

With the 27mm lens it's the same size as the X100.

It's why I got one.

Last edited:
Something a bit different. Ventured away from street and back to what originally got me interested in photography; nature.

X-T30 + XF 16mm F2.8

Edit: Aperture priority mode with max iso I think 3200, and minimum shutter 1/60th.

DSCF3395 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3358 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3351 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3272 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3349 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3324 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3302 by Thomas A, on Flickr

Would love to know your secrets - the processing, colours and sharpness are out of this world (y)

Something a bit different. Ventured away from street and back to what originally got me interested in photography; nature.

X-T30 + XF 16mm F2.8

Edit: Aperture priority mode with max iso I think 3200, and minimum shutter 1/60th.

DSCF3395 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3358 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3351 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3272 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3349 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3324 by Thomas A, on Flickr

DSCF3302 by Thomas A, on Flickr

I love these, and I especially like the colours. Like @bl0at3r said, I'd love to know how you did the processing!

Back