The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Went to look for a 3rd party battery for my xt100 and it looks like the ones I used to buy no longer seem available, have some company’s gone under, any links to said batteries please that most are now buying if not Fuji ones?

Went to look for a 3rd party battery for my xt100 and it looks like the ones I used to buy no longer seem available, have some company’s gone under, any links to said batteries please that most are now buying if not Fuji ones?
Also interested in this question if anyone has any advice. Mine's an X-T2 but same battery.

Also interested in this question if anyone has any advice. Mine's an X-T2 but same battery.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the Fuji X100V up so you can touch the screen to focus on the point you have touched and then take the shot as well?

I have been using the X100V while out and about and loving it, but I though that having the option to focus and take the shot would really help with some of the really low spring flower shots I have been trying to take for a comp at work.

I have found how to touch to focus and how to touch to take a photo - there does not seem to be logical way to do both though??? Which is a bit weird.

Thanks

Dave.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the Fuji X100V up so you can touch the screen to focus on the point you have touched and then take the shot as well?

I have been using the X100V while out and about and loving it, but I though that having the option to focus and take the shot would really help with some of the really low spring flower shots I have been trying to take for a comp at work.

I have found how to touch to focus and how to touch to take a photo - there does not seem to be logical way to do both though??? Which is a bit weird.

Thanks

Dave.
I remember being able to do this on my old Olympus E-M5 and E-M5 Mk2 M43 cameras but haven't tried on the V.

According to this https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manual/x100v/about_this_camera/touch/index.html#touch_shooting you need to select 'touch shooting'...

Capture.PNG

I remember being able to do this on my old Olympus E-M5 and E-M5 Mk2 M43 cameras but haven't tried on the V.

According to this https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manual/x100v/about_this_camera/touch/index.html#touch_shooting you need to select 'touch shooting'...

View attachment 348698

Yes - tried that :( I have done a search and gone through everything I could find - but still can't figure out how to get it to just focus on the touched point then take the shot.

I have had this functionality on other cameras in the past and just assumed it would work easily on the X100V.

It will take the shot in "shot" mode - but just doesn't AF first.

It must be one of the other settings I have used???? I have made sure I am in AF-S as well.

Dave.

Last edited:
Yes - tried that :( I have done a search and gone through everything I could find - but still can't figure out how to get it to just focus on the touched point then take the shot.

I have had this functionality on other cameras in the past and just assumed it would work easily on the X100V.

It must be one of the other settings I have used???? I have made sure I am in AF-S as well.

Dave.

In 'Shot' mode it should focus then take the shot - maybe there is something disabling the AF in the setup

Is the normal shutter release set up for Back Button Focus ??

Or give the House Of Photography a call and talk to one of their tech people

Dave.
Is it on the latest firmware?

In 'Shot' mode it should focus then take the shot - maybe there is something disabling the AF in the setup

Yes - I have focus on the back button.

Will try moving it back on to the shutter button but it will be disappointing if that is the problem.

Thanks for suggesting :)

Dave.

Can someone answer an exposure question.

I just picked up an x-t2 and have been fiddling around with it

I have it set to aperture priority. Iso 400, and have tried the different metering options. Up to a certain f stop all is well. But when I go over f4.5 I really start to notice over exposure, getting worse the higher f I go. It's clearly picking a way too slow shutter speed with smaller apertures, higher fstops

Is there something wrong with my camera or just a quirk of the x-t2 or something in my settings?

I'm sat indoors in a lowish light living room testing this out

Last edited:

I have it set to aperture priority. Iso 400, and have tried the different metering options. Up to a certain f stop all is well. But when I go over f4.5 I really start to notice over exposure, getting worse the higher f I go. It's clearly picking a way too slow shutter speed with smaller apertures, higher fstops

Is there something wrong with my camera or just a quirk of the x-t2 or something in my settings?

Could try setting iso to auto max 3200 for example and min shutter 1/30 or something?

Is the aperture stuck fully open?

Technical White balance question...
I know how to set a custom white balance (X-T2/3) using a grey card :)
I know that I can see the colour temperature once the image is exported to image editing software...

Is there any way I can view the temperature on the camera?
Going into the white balance settings doesn't seem to show it.
I can't find an option to show it on the display.

Am I being obtuse, or is it not possible...

Why do I want to know this? I want to measure the ambient colour temperature of the 'room' so I can use cto/b to match it with my flash.
I assume that there will be a light meter I could buy to do this, but surely I can get the info from the camera.

Did some tests over the weekend and this was the issue :)

I can still use back button focus when I switch to manual focus - so I can cover all eventualities.

Thanks

Dave.

Pentax, by Fuji :) New ish toy..

The subject transcends the photograph in this instance!

My favourite 35mm SLR - neat size, aperture priority and manual mode, you could use the buttons to adjust the shutter speed without taking your eye away from the viewfinder, small viefinder but it had a proper pentaprism and a decent focusing screen.

It's entirely appropriate in a Fuji forum - the X-T20 and X-T30 are in my view its spiritual descendants.

The subject transcends the photograph in this instance!

My favourite 35mm SLR - neat size, aperture priority and manual mode, you could use the buttons to adjust the shutter speed without taking your eye away from the viewfinder, small viefinder but it had a proper pentaprism and a decent focusing screen.

It's entirely appropriate in a Fuji forum - the X-T20 and X-T30 are in my view its spiritual descendants.

I quite like it, and considering the last film camera I had was a Nikon F301. Certain things still come back to me.
I got it with a 50mm f1.7, 28mm f2.8 and a adaptall 70-150. Not sure if I`ll keep it or sell it yet. Also need to get the roll of film developed to make sure the thing is working ;)

I've fancied one of those for a while. Mate of mine has 3! It was the first SLR that really "got" to me...

I've fancied one of those for a while. Mate of mine has 3! It was the first SLR that really "got" to me...
Well when I get the film developed (baring in mind that all is good and working). It`ll most likely go up in the classifieds. But as it stands, it all seems to be working, and is in damn good condition for its age imo.
Apart from the zoom, the other two lenses are neigh on mint. Seems like they have had filters on them from day one, too.

Any recommendations for aftermarket lens feet for the 100-400? Seen a few online ranging from cheap to pretty expensive. One I'm looking at in particular is by ishoot.

Any recommendations for aftermarket lens feet for the 100-400? Seen a few online ranging from cheap to pretty expensive. One I'm looking at in particular is by ishoot.
Hi Chris

I bought the IS-XF140 off Amazon for £25. It is an excellent bit of kit, very well made and very accurately machined, and the screws and locating pin fit perfectly onto the barrel.

It is beyond me why FujiFilm didn't do something similar but then of course it would be in the £100 price range.

It fits all my Gitzo Heads

Hi Chris

I bought the IS-XF140 off Amazon for £25. It is an excellent bit of kit, very well made and very accurately machined, and the screws and locating pin fit perfectly onto the barrel.

It is beyond me why FujiFilm didn't do something similar but then of course it would be in the £100 price range.

It fits all my Gitzo Heads
That's exactly the sort of recommendation I was looking for. Will get it ordered later. Thanks

I have one of those too, and couldn`t be more pleased with it. The only possible niggle, is if you have fat fingers (for carrying it), as the gap between foot and lens is quite narrow.

I have one of those too, and couldn`t be more pleased with it. The only possible niggle, is if you have fat fingers (for carrying it), as the gap between foot and lens is quite narrow.
I saw a review which had the same complaint, not a deal breaker for me as it'll be on a sling 99% of the time.

Back