The Famous one

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
The weather was nice on the way down from Avimore on Sunday so thought i would stop and try and get a Red Grouse image in the last hour of light, spotted this chap keeping an eye on his patch of hillside.

IMG_5240-rs_zps6a9616b4.jpg

I don't know why, but these little fat birds always amuse me :D

Nice shot, good pose and well framed :)
If I were to say anything, it's that (on my screen) there seems to be some form of bleeding (from sharpening?) around the whole bird... most noticeable around the beak.

I don't know why, but these little fat birds always amuse me :D

Nice shot, good pose and well framed :)
If I were to say anything, it's that (on my screen) there seems to be some form of bleeding (from sharpening?) around the whole bird... most noticeable around the beak.

Im sure its from when it was resized, never post hi res images

Last edited:
could be.
it probably doesn't help that as I'm spraulled on our sofa with the screen about 3 inches from my face I see the individual pixels :D :LOL:

Lovely light and pose - nicely caught.

I've got that flipping 'famous' tune in my head now.

It looks like a scene from a monster movie, the killer giant grouse, stood on top of mount death :)

Great shot (y)

Steve

cracking images of the Gouse and Creastie Macky799, the weather forcast is looking good all week, plenty snow and great sunshine, see a few Fat dippers working the burn that runs into the Loch at the bottom of the Cairngorm if you are up this way again.
Cheers Gordon.

cracking images of the Gouse and Creastie Macky799, the weather forcast is looking good all week, plenty snow and great sunshine, see a few Fat dippers working the burn that runs into the Loch at the bottom of the Cairngorm if you are up this way again.
Cheers Gordon.

Cheers Gordon, wont be up this week but might be up the week after (y)

Gorgeous little fella and well captured, they always look freezing cold to me as though they are trying to huddle up inside themselves to get warm. love it :)

Good shot, these birds always seem to look their best in those golden hours of light.

Back