The Fly

I dont know, I maybe a newbie but this is REALLY good for me.

even a newbie can tell a good shot
Mp dont always score ...its good optics allied to the sensor size imho..you can have fuzzy pixels right up to 20Mp!!...;)

this is fine for me but a crop to zoom in on the beast shouldnt lose all that much detail

cheers
geof

Last edited:
It's already cropped, I couldn't get REALLY close with the PowerShot, its only a 3x macro zoom. I cropped it to as close as I could without losing too much quality. It came out well for a p & s I think. The PowerShot series have always had excellent optics, but the one I had seemed to be on the + side of excellent. Still regret chopping it in now.

I dont know, I maybe a newbie but this is REALLY good for me.

fly by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

even a newbie can tell a good shot
Mp dont always score ...its the sensor size imho

this is fine for me but a crop to zoom in on the beast shouldnt lose all that much detail

cheers
geof

WHOOPSY!! almost a duplicate post....

Last edited:
Hmm, rather good, I didn't think it would crop much more.

when you do crop save the image at highest resolution...if dpi is offered go for 400 and above

Thanks for the advice. I'm learning new stuff every day on here. :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm learning new stuff every day on here. :)

i have been here some time and i owe to this forum and the members

choice of camera
choice of pp
choice of stitching
choice of hdr pp
etc
and
little techniques...which can make big shots

i was a film man until i got digital and never really got to grips with the inside track till i signed on TP

you made a great choice
cheers
geof

I'm learning to stay away from the arguments aswell, haha.

turn an argument into a discussion and make friends
but i know what you mean
really there is nothing to argue about unless you have a bolt in your neck or have forgotten the days when you didnt know so much...and think its the only version you have now

photography is phun

Back