The Football Thread - Season 2011/2012 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Joe - we've seen the benefit of long term stability at United and that's why I said above that I'd be happy to see somebody like Moyes take over from Fergie providing they stick with it long term.

With regards to Dalglish - I was just asking the question as I wasn't sure how much slack pepole will give him compared to Hodgson for example or do you think that Hodgson should still be there having had the time to turn things around ?

Last edited:
I agree Joe - we've seen the benefit of long term stability at United and that's why I said above that I'd be happy to see somebody like Moyes take over from Fergie providing they stick with it long term.

With regards to Dalglish - I was just asking the question as I wasn't sure how much slack pepole will give him compared to Hodgson for example or do you think that Hodgson should still be there having had the time to turn things around ?

Hodgson shouldn't have been appointed in the first place in my opinion. I think he will always be a solid no thrills manager but doing what he does best by keeping teams up and pushing a middle table team to perform slightly above their weight. Not the calibre of manager for what a team like Liverpool should be looking for.

Having said that. I also don't think he should have been sacked when he was. He wasn't able to get through the rough spot and show he could perform. But I think the changeover of ownership really meant that the new owners didn't feel he was right for the job in the first place.

Thank goodness Rooney scored, my FF team are are having a mare this week.

Young looking good on the left and some good play as the half went on.

Thank goodness Rooney scored, my FF team are are having a mare this week.

Young looking good on the left and some good play as the half went on.

my ff team this week is shocking. I had to make 6 changes due to injuries and suspensions and none of the players I brought in are doing anything.

Only saving grace is that liverpool play again on this game week so its double points for enrique and henderson

Today is the first step to united clinching the title. City will draw and united will go above them.

my ff team this week is shocking. I had to make 6 changes due to injuries and suspensions and none of the players I brought in are doing anything.

Only saving grace is that liverpool play again on this game week so its double points for enrique and henderson

Today is the first step to united clinching the title. City will draw and united will go above them.

Only if United score 10 more goals. ;)

There you go. I knew united would go top. Just got the result wrong,

Just lost me points on my ff with that equaliser too! Would have preferred 0-0

And back to 1-0. Offside

Last edited:
What a miserable weekend of football

Liverpool lose and united go top.

That's you winning this week Tom. 3-2 to me.

Last edited:
I have to say Joe, reading your posts where you have taken tiny little insignificant little daisyish size pieces of joy out negative results and antics from United press conferences etc has ammused me over the last few months :D

I have to say Joe, reading your posts where you have taken tiny little insignificant little daisyish size pieces of joy out negative results and antics from United press conferences etc has ammused me over the last few months :D

Always glad to please (y)

I hope there will be more for joy to be taken but sadly I feel the tides have turned. Remember, you heard it here first!

Last edited:
Well I've said City all season but looking at the remaining fixtures it's certainly looking like United could do it again. Still a lot of points to play for though.

United

Wolves v Man Utd
Man Utd v Fulham
Man Utd v QPR
Wigan v Man Utd
Man Utd v Aston Villa
Man Utd v Everton
Man City v Man Utd
Man Utd v Swansea
Sunderland v Man Utd

City

Man City V Chelsea
Stoke V Man City
Man City V Sunderland
Arsenal V Man City
Man City V West Brom
Norwich V Man City
Wolves V Man City
Man City V Man Utd
Newcastle V Man City
Man City V QPR

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a sign but I followed a Stephen Lawrence Haulage lorry through Perth today. No idea who the company is but the whole lorry (Blue) consisted of Everton livery plus Nil Satis Nisi Optimum badges and it even had private EFC plates.

Funny how this season has panned out in terms of the geography - City and United locked, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal all in a mix together, Liverpool and Everton are looking at each other not to mention Villa West Brom and Bolton Blackburn.

yeah, well, hpefully we'll put in a shift tonight, bout time we won a game in the league.

Enjoyed the newcastle game last night, I thought Van persie played well and deserved to win, it was a very open game. It also favours us that newcastle lost, albeit not by much.

agreed van persie great player but has no class in a sporting sense quite typical of the wenger mentality they think whole world againgst them.

Have some of that eveton. You were poo.

Great performance from Gerrard and suarez. Smiles all round

Shouldn't we compare Van Persie Fooball Club to Gerrard Football Club?

Shouldn't we compare Van Persie Fooball Club to Gerrard Football Club?

Absolutely last night we should.

But he hasn't really been there the majority of the season unfortunately. I'd be a happier man if we could describe the team as a one man show if it meant that we were in the top 4.

Add Drogba to the list of dirty, pathetic cheats. The dive he just took in extra time holding his face was a disgrace. Action like that should see a 10 game ban.

Add Drogba to the list of dirty, pathetic cheats. The dive he just took in extra time holding his face was a disgrace. Action like that should see a 10 game ban.

That was pretty poor. Funny though.

Not sure how I feel about United's game tonight. Pro's and cons to both winning and loosing.

Obviously I'd like them to get through the tie but I'm not overly happy at some of the players that are playing when the league games are now so important.

Just heard somebody say that if United do get knocked out tonight then it will be the first season in ten years that they haven't reached a cup final.

Anyway - it will be a difficult game and the atmosphere should be great.

Hell of a strike from Llorente! I can't see united finding a way back into this which is disappointing as I had a little bet on them to qualify earlier.

That was pretty poor. Funny though.

Not sure how I feel about United's game tonight. Pro's and cons to both winning and loosing.

Obviously I'd like them to get through the tie but I'm not overly happy at some of the players that are playing when the league games are now so important.

Just heard somebody say that if United do get knocked out tonight then it will be the first season in ten years that they haven't reached a cup final.

Anyway - it will be a difficult game and the atmosphere should be great.

2-0 already.

What a shame! :D

2-0 already.

What a shame! :D

Ho hum

I'd have liked to have gone through but hopefully City will stay in the competition and being out of it will be a blessing in disguise.

Fingers crossed Rooney doesn't feel any effects on that ankle.

It's not worth winning anyway. At least you don't have to watch the pathetic coverage anymore at 6pm on a Thursday.

You'll win the league mark my words.

Nah, don't count them. :D

:)

they could shape the qualification of next years champions leage for the english teams.

Basically, if chelsea won the CL but still finished 5th in the PL this year it would mean they automatically qualify for the group stage next year meaning that 3rd place goes into the qualification stage and 4th place doesn't get a lookin for the CL at all and will be in the europa league.

Arsenal and spurs will be wanting chelsea to lose for more reasons than the fact they are a london rival!

Enjoyed beating stoke today. Superb goals from Suarez and downing. Stoke are usually our ogre team but we dispensed wi them without too much trouble.

Could be a merseyside semi final

Enjoyed beating stoke today. Superb goals from Suarez and downing. Stoke are usually our ogre team but we dispensed wi them without too much trouble.

Could be a merseyside semi final

Bit of a mish mash of football this weekend I thought.

I'd have lided to have seen Liverpool and Chelsea lined up to meet (giving somebody smaller more chance at a cup) but hey ho.

Saw most of the Wolves v United game today. Obviously happy with the score, the 3 points and the resulting league table but we should really have racked up a cricket score and got that goal difference sorted out.

Bit of a mish mash of football this weekend I thought.

I'd have lided to have seen Liverpool and Chelsea lined up to meet (giving somebody smaller more chance at a cup) but hey ho.

Saw most of the Wolves v United game today. Obviously happy with the score, the 3 points and the resulting league table but we should really have racked up a cricket score and got that goal difference sorted out.

I watched it too, my god wolves were awful. That first Hernandez goal the wolves defence was perhaps the worst I have seen all season. Great performance by Valencia I though he deserved the man of the match over Rooney.

I watched it too, my god wolves were awful. That first Hernandez goal the wolves defence was perhaps the worst I have seen all season. Great performance by Valencia I though he deserved the man of the match over Rooney.

Sacking McCarthy seems to have backfired! Good, serves them right. Wolves to finish bottom I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back