The Football Thread - Season 2013/2014 & World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see it with Evertons injury list. Silva is back too.

I'd have gone for City too despite their dismal record against Everton.

But, the toasters have popped up the last 12 results correctly.

Last edited:
Who said the romance was dead

Fantastic story and a big thumbs up to the Football fans from all clubs across the country who have donated over £20,000 to help cash-strapped fans attend the match. :)

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...-to-scottish-cup-final-ticket-appeal-1.348424

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-27253390

One stand at Celtic Park (the Lisbon Lions stand) was priced at £28 for adults and £10 for concessions and these were quickly sold out.

The SFA have priced all remaining cup final tickets (Dundee United v St Johnstone) tickets at £35 with no concessions available for children, pensioners or students.

SFA still refusing to have concessions for kids :punch:

It sounded like a few hundred left for the walkout at Newcastle.

Well done Sunderland. :clap: First win at Old Trafford in the Premier League. And from the sound of it, it was no fluke. The initial new manager impetus may have been short lived at Utd.

Cardiff and Fulham have had disappointing displays today, and so poor results follow. Bye to those two from the Premier League.

Great result for Villa. Poor result for Spurs.

Waiting to see if Everton can pull off a good result against Cit€h. I doubt it, but it's a strange season. ;)

Have you seen Citeh's record at Goodison in the Premiership? Not very good at all, 2 wins total! And their overall record before football started in 1992 is woeful, too.

Another 3 points for the Toffees!

Last edited:
Had a sneaking suspicion the makems would do M United, they are fighting their corner. The Toon was not really worth the scoreline. Would love to see them cost Liverpool the title, but doubt that will happen.

Clearly the Everton fans are not worried about their team being beaten by City. Very strange atmosphere at Goodison o_O

Clearly the Everton fans are not worried about their team being beaten by City. Very strange atmosphere at Goodison o_O
Everton are playing pretty well though. Great goal from Barkley. He looks so exciting striding past the Cit€h midfield with the ball. Cit€h doing a professional job, and the quality up front standing out.

I would never want Liverpool to lose, no matter what the circumstances. Then again, unlike the Blues, I'm not bitter. ;) :LOL:

And while I'm writing this Lukaku scores, and Toure goes off. Twists and turns. :LOL:

City now convincing, but I think mentally, this was the big game for them. Can't see them slipping up at home.

I've been busy in the garden so I had a football free day.

Just caught the end of the Everton v City game on the radio. At least a City win keeps it interesting.

Dzeko should have been booked quicker and them shown a 2nd yellow. That was taking the pee.

Would have been a good result for Norwich normally, holding Chel$ki to a draw at Stamford Bridge. Though just enough for them not to be relegated. For now.

Poor result for Chel$ki. Those that live by 'parking the bus(es) ;) die by 'parked buses'. :LOL: It will be interesting to see which strikers they go after this Summer. It could be another big spending Summer as Cole, Lampard and Terry could be leaving, and needing replaced.

Moaninho giving Hazard stick is a bit bizarre, and reminiscent of what he did with Mata. Will he be on his way in the Summer? He is the Chel$ki player of the year, so you never know. ;) :LOL:

I think if Moaninho would have been more positive about winning the league they would have had a better chance of winning it. You obviously don't know what he is saying behind closed doors. As it was writing off your team, and especially your strikers seems very odd. :thinking: Still got a chance of winning the league I know, they are still in it, but it is a long shot, especially after the Norwich result. :thinking:

I think there's a bit of rebuilding to do at Chelsea, and as Mourhino has pointed out strikers will be number 1 priority. I'm quite pleased Nowrich drew with them yesterday, effectively it puts them out of the title race (for now).

Personally, I'd like to see Liverpool win it. I thinks Rodgers has done a fantastic job this season, got Liverpool playing some great football and deserves it. If he can build on this seon with more good signings it bodes well for them.

And no, I'm not a Liverpool fan :)

A lot will depend on what happens in terms of players in/out at United but I can see Chelsea coming in for Rooney again.

If United get Cavani then expect one of Rooney or RVP to make way. I'd be inclined to keep Rooney but if Louis van Gaal takes over you would think he would want RVP. I'd love to see Hazard at United but that's a long shot as it seems to be the likes of Kroos, Muller and Fabregas that are being banded about. That said you can pretty much link any player with United at the moment which is to be expected given the current situation.

I'm expecting a convincing win from Liverpool today and the pressure will be firmly back on City. One slip from City (and they have it in them to mess up) and it will be over as Liverpool's under 11s could take care of Newcastle.

I'm expecting a convincing win from Liverpool today and the pressure will be firmly back on City. One slip from City (and they have it in them to mess up) and it will be over as Liverpool's under 11s could take care of Newcastle.
The same could have been said of the result of Norwich against Chel$ki before the game. :-/ And many of Sunderland's and Palace's recent results against the teams at the top. Any result is possible this year especially.

The advantage we have today is that Palace are safe.

It's entirely possible that we'll score 10 next week so we could catch up on GD. ;)

It's entirely possible that we'll score 10 next week so we could catch up on GD. ;)

Wouldn't that be a cracker. Two 7 - 0's would do nicely. No harm in dreaming.

If Liverpool do lose on goal difference, it will just be highlighting our real weakness, the amount of goals we concede :(

Wouldn't that be a cracker. Two 7 - 0's would do nicely. No harm in dreaming.

If Liverpool do lose on goal difference, it will just be highlighting our real weakness, the amount of goals we concede :(
Wouldn't it just. Brendan will address that though. He's shown remarkable learning abilities.

Wouldn't it just. Brendan will address that though. He's shown remarkable learning abilities.

Totally agree. We've had a fantastic season and I've been very impressed with Brendan.
Even if we don't win the league, I think this season's display, will have loosened the purse strings, allowing Brendan to make some tactical buys.

I'l already looking forward to next season :banana:

Totally agree. We've had a fantastic season and I've been very impressed with Brendan.
Even if we don't win the league, I think this season's display, will have loosened the purse strings, allowing Brendan to make some tactical buys.

I'l already looking forward to next season :banana:
Don't expect too much loosening. FSG have made it perfectly clear that there will only be money that is made by the club invested.

Having seen them at half time on Friday night, I'd be inclined to agree with that. There was some brilliant pass and move play and skills on show, shame the U21's couldn't learn from them.

Had Dundee drawn yesterday Hamilton would have overtaken them despite having a neg 8 gd (I think). Won 10-2 !!

Second place should be sown up now for Liverpool. Great season for us. So proud of the team. :D

Had Dundee drawn yesterday Hamilton would have overtaken them despite having a neg 8 gd (I think). Won 10-2 !!

Good times here on Tayside with United and Saints in the Final and Dundee back.

Last edited:
Off to Wembley in a couple of weeks - Conference play-off Final, the mighty Cambridge Utd v Gateshead... hopefully the fact we were there the other week winning the FA Trophy should give us the edge. Real football!

Normal Liverpool service has resumed....this is the Liverpool I know and love!

I hope Rodgers gives them a right rollicking on the TV cameras afterwards as you SHOULD never let a 3-0 lead slip!

Great comeback from Palace. Should never had the chance to though, but what can you do. :rolleyes:

It'll go to the last day, but it should be virtually over by then. And after tonight, I'm not confident of Liverpool beating Newcastle. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Shout out for the Palace fans, they didn't stop singing from first whistle to the last. :clap:

Absolutely gutted :eek: Poor Suarez in tears at the end.

That has to be the title challenge over. Hopefully this will drive us on next year.

No camera kiss from Gerrard tonight. Suarez crying. Glad I didn't go out for a pint now.

I'm just proud that we had a chance with two games to go.

I'm just proud that we had a chance with two games to go.

It has been a fantastic season, but you cannot help at being annoyed how naive we have been these last two games. Firstly we could of sat on the edge of our box against Chelsea got the 0-0 and the point and then to not just shut up shop at 3-0 up and we would of still be in with a chance. Certainly need to learn from this next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back