Wild The gift

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
A early morning start yesterday in hope of getting some kingfisher action, I observe the males territory all year round and in breeding season I try to find his favoured perches then put my own up in place ,their are times he sticks with natural hidden perches but their are times when i get lucky and he lands on one i place ,i have witnessed this event on a few occasions but never this close ,i truly amazing event to witness The Gift Kingfishers may 2nd 2015 (1 of 1) by den9112, on FlickrThe Gift Kingfishers may 2nd 2015 (1 of 1)-2 by den9112, on Flickr[url=https://flic.kr/p/sonabj]The gift Kingfisher May 2nd 2015 (1 of 1) by den9112, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing behavioural shots Den, you must be really pleased with these.

Congrats!

Love these! Can honestly say that photographing these lovely creatures is top on my list, but getting behavioural shots like this is pretty much second!

Wish I had the energy and the patience. Stunning shots, well done.

Glad your patience paid off and you was rewarded with such good images and memories

Absolutely fabulous. Congratulations on a set of images that capture the full story of mating Kingfishers.

Cracking set Dennis- I have discovered a place on my stream where Kingfishers are- I've just bought a pop up hide
which is now in situ, in an attempt to capture them with my camera 150-600mm lens

Les

A splendid set of shots Den, that must have been great to watch.

Cracking set Dennis- I have discovered a place on my stream where Kingfishers are- I've just bought a pop up hide
which is now in situ, in an attempt to capture them with my camera 150-600mm lens

Les
Good luck Lez, they can become very addictive and you learn quite a lot by watching them

Fab to get 2 on the stick and having a takeaway

Fantastic sequence Dennis :)

A splendid set of shots Den, that must have been great to watch.
I have witnesed quite a few behaviour shots Den ,some at a distance but to be feet away when the male came in and called the female and then passed the fish was something magical...watching the movements and the being able to actual see the expressions of the bird and hear everthing so close is a privelege to watch

Back