The giggling goose

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first time uploading a photo so thought I would use one I been playing about with,

This was taken in 2010 in Ambleside in the Lake District

Its also my frst attempt at colour splash so please go gentle with me :)

5912746549_5fd100b594_z.jpg

Last edited:
You have an interesting shot there and 'The Giggling Goose' would have been an apt thread title imo ;)

....just not so keen on selectives myself

You have an interesting shot there and 'The Giggling Goose' would have been an apt thread title imo ;)

....just not so keen on selectives myself

I dont class myself as a photographer more like just a bloke that takes photos , for now anyway. I hope to improve on my skills with time and help from this forum .

you mentioned "selectives" could I ask what you mean as I don't know .

your right about the title I will see if I can change it

Selectives are where you choose to have a 'colour splash' (an area or object in colour in an otherwise mono photo)

Last edited:
Selectives are where you choose to have a 'colour splash' (an area or object in colour in an otherwise mono photo)

I have mainly seen red on a black and white background if thats what you mean , my problem was I didnt have anything red lol

Picked (and also took)this photo as I liked the milk churn as the focal point

People do it with all sorts of colours. I saw a print recently with yellow shoes on b&w.

It's one of those marmite techniques like HDR and can easily be overdone. Personally I like it in this pic.

Your selective colouring works well in this photo John and its nice a subtle due to the subtle colours of the churn...

I know you are just learning this technique and your camera so look forward to what you produce in the future. (y)

Back