The Globe

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Found this technique and love it, it can be very difficult to get right but very enjoyabe when you do. This is not the best shot i have seen but i am learning.

DSC_0944
by Kevin u1, on Flickr

Thanks David, its an 80mm crystal globe. You focus on the ball i think i will use my macro lens next time so i can put the ball closer to the lens as i had to crop quite a lot out. The scene is upside down so you have to rotate it 180 degrees when editing. You need to have a fairly fast shutter speed too because its not easy to hold it steady i think i will try and rig something up to hold it up.

Very nice & unusual.:)

They are on Ebay, you can get different sizes the one i got (80mm) was about £15.

Thanks James and Canonmanuk, see the post above Canonmanuk.

Interesting shot, did you use a polariser as if not it may help to eliminate some of the glare off the globe? Only issue with it would be an extra 2 stops to have to contend with re keeping the globe steady (a flat surface and a bit of bluetac would do that)

I really like the idea

Last edited:
Thanks Big Nick, yes i did think about using a polariser afterwards, :( i have been working on a support for it today hope to try it out tomorrow.

Looks good

I'm trying to think which bridge it is ?

Is it the one between Blairgowrie and Coupar Angus ?

Last edited:
Back