The great british pub

Your only suposed to blow the bl**dy door's off

No Idea. But I am interested in why you took these shots. I think the 'Urban Explorer' photographer stuff is *******s. To me as an old bloke this trend seems to be what you move on to when you give up skateboarding or BMX?
The pictures can be strong occasionally but mostly not? If there's a political message then sound off. Just going into old buildings, taking snaps & running away seems a bit lame to me.

No Idea. But I am interested in why you took these shots. I think the 'Urban Explorer' photographer stuff is *******s. To me as an old bloke this trend seems to be what you move on to when you give up skateboarding or BMX?
The pictures can be strong occasionally but mostly not? If there's a political message then sound off. Just going into old buildings, taking snaps & running away seems a bit lame to me.

I dont really get the drift of your post?, in answer to as why I took the photos was I wanted to capture how the life has been sucked out of what once would of been a lively, center of the community building, pretty much along the lines as to why someone would go out and photograph a ruined abbey or something, it is preserving a piece of history which will be soon taken away from us for good.
Old building etc may nit interest you, pretty much the same as pictures of birds dont really do much for myself, just a personal preference, I enjoy looking around forgotten places, imagining what they would of been like back in there prime, and jopefully capturing some interesting ohitos along the way

. Just going into old buildings, taking snaps & running away seems a bit lame to me.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but to me the 2nd thread you started on here, is also of an old abandoned building due to be demolished?

jeez Darrel , I guess your land lord is really regretting letting you and the big man have that private party :LOL:

Nice shots , especially the second one , although i'm surprised to find the pool table hant been lifted - those things are valuable ;)

jeez Darrel , I guess your land lord is really regretting letting you and the big man have that private party :LOL:

Nice shots , especially the second one , although i'm surprised to find the pool table hant been lifted - those things are valuable ;)

Cheers buddy, and hell yeah what a party it was lol, ibam also with you on the pool table seeing as everyhing else of any sort of value seemed to be long gone, but I suppose the pool table may not of been the easiest of things to carry lol

I really like these, especially the first one.
The processing really suits the subject.

As for Shruggy's post, I really don't see the point in having a dig just because you don't understand somebody's chosen subject.

I like these, whilst urban explorer shots aren't everyone cup of tea I think this sort of work is important as it documents the transience of much that is man made.

While I think the subject is great, I'm not so keen on the processing.

Number 2 looks like it's suffering from some fairly serious camera shake and it makes my eyes hurt!! :p Can't see the EXIF to check but I'm guessing it was taken with a slow-ish shutter speed.

While I think the subject is great, I'm not so keen on the processing.

Number 2 looks like it's suffering from some fairly serious camera shake and it makes my eyes hurt!! :p Can't see the EXIF to check but I'm guessing it was taken with a slow-ish shutter speed.

The processing was a touch of experimentation, im not even sure they work myself.
Was playing about with different ps plugins, so I knew they would not be to everyones taste

I really like these, especially the first one.
The processing really suits the subject.

As for Shruggy's post, I really don't see the point in having a dig just because you don't understand somebody's chosen subject.

+1 lol, I would of liked to spend a touch longer on site, and really looked for that perfect shot, but as I was on my own I was a touch worried about getting trapped or something, but should be visiting again with company soon

No'1 & No'3 are very well shot and I like the PP

No2 looks oof to me :shrug:

Les (y)

I like these, whilst urban explorer shots aren't everyone cup of tea I think this sort of work is important as it documents the transience of much that is man made.

Exactly, as I tried to explain to shruggy

No'1 & No'3 are very well shot and I like the PP

No2 looks oof to me :shrug:

Les (y)

Looking at the 2nd I can see your point, the original raw was spot on with the focus, but as I said to slimbert i experimenting with my new set of topaz plugins.
I remeber using one called spot focus and dont thinkbi applied it correctly so you are probably right on it looking oof.
Will have a re process of the original this evening

Sorry man, my comments weren't meant to be a dig at all. It's just I see really rubbish photos of old buildings & I wonder why they're posted on photography sites. It doesn't make sense to me that as a grown up citizen you'd have to run through a site firing the flash indiscriminately? I wanted to understand that.
Thanks for recognising the political in it.
I don't know the exact laws but I'm sure 9 times out of 10 you'll have all the time you need?
Apologies if I seemed in any way disrespectful.

Excellent shots and something i would definitely like to try but being female it is a bit scary on your own...

derelictplaces site is a must to check out tho...

Liking the PP too..(y)

Sorry man, my comments weren't meant to be a dig at all. It's just I see really rubbish photos of old buildings & I wonder why they're posted on photography sites. It doesn't make sense to me that as a grown up citizen you'd have to run through a site firing the flash indiscriminately? I wanted to understand that.
Thanks for recognising the political in it.
I don't know the exact laws but I'm sure 9 times out of 10 you'll have all the time you need?
Apologies if I seemed in any way disrespectful.

No need to apologise buddy, most places i enter I do sonwith permission anyway. Also none if the above photos had a single flash fired in them.

Excellent shots and something i would definitely like to try but being female it is a bit scary on your own...

derelictplaces site is a must to check out tho...

Liking the PP too..(y)

Im sure if you asked about youbwould find a willing accomplice

I like no3 It's shame the place has fell into ruin like so many others.Did you manage to nab the dartboard:D

It often seems to me that people on this forum criticise and have a go just to be clever. These are very good shot and show a bit of social history.
If the knockers don't understand this maybe they should take their talents elsewhere.

Back