The hidden beauty of Scotland

Very nice, where is it? I don't recognize it but there must be a thousuand similar bridges up here.

I'm not really completely sold on this Joe, the light looks just a little flat, I think a tweak to contrast and maybe give the vibrancy the smallest of boosts could however salvage it, there looks to be a little bit of cloning repetition on the right hand edge of frame but to be honest I'd just crop it out as personally I'd like to see that close bit of bank on the right of frame cropped out as I find it a little bit of a draw, I'm on my iPad at the moment so I'm a little loathed to say this bit but is also wager that this is a little bit under exposed

Matt

good bit of pp there and a great improvement
i sense a little tilt to left but that is either a tropical illusion or meant?
cheers
geof

Cheers for the comments Geof, the bridge may need a little to the left but then may off put the water, are have a play around with it tonight :)

glad you are a real photographer and listens and weighs any critique
cheers
geof

Just a thought - which may not have worked - but if you'd stepped back and to your left (possibly a fair bit) and maybe turned slightly rightwards, you could have got the bridge further to the left in the frame, the trees still in it and the river forming more of a curve in front of you? Similar composition but tweaked and a clearer bend in the river??

Just a thought - which may not have worked - but if you'd stepped back and to your left (possibly a fair bit) and maybe turned slightly rightwards, you could have got the bridge further to the left in the frame, the trees still in it and the river forming more of a curve in front of you? Similar composition but tweaked and a clearer bend in the river??

I did look at doing the shot you say when I was there but there is a main road on the right side, and the background was filled with motion blur of trucks or cars etc, so I tried to keep the angle as much as I can with avoiding the road.

Cheers Geof, Thats what Critique's for. I see so many photographers on here and other forums trying to back up there points when they know they are wrong and not taking the advice onboard if you know what I mean.

Joe

i really know what you mean...and i have learned from it
better scars than self awarded stars

Back