The Horse Series No4

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
Part of this series is the relationship betwen the horse and humans, here the horse is eyeballing the girl in a moment that she looked disinterested, well that's the theroy anyway.

Thanks as always for taking the time to look, LesF

Eye-Ball_3085.jpg

Yep, captured that moment very well indeed!

Would you mind sharing the lighting setup for this? did you use OCF?

Cheers guys appreciate your comments. David this is just one light, with a reflector dish fitted with a grid, not sure of the grids size as I tried a couple to obtain the desired light fall off. I think without checking the settings they were something like ISO 200, F11 at 1/125 this was just one of about a dozen or so, animals and children are a tough mixture.

I think it's a great pic. Gorgeous horse. Can't help thinking though how outstanding a shot it would have been with eye contact.

Ruth I agree, but working with animals is not easy, mind you children are not much better LOL adding both together to eye contact was like picking the wining lottery number, but we will try again.
Thanks for looking and your comments, LesF

I love this shot! Can I ask how the horse reacted with the flash? Strange question, but being a "horsey" person, I know how these creatures can sometimes spook at the smallest thing, and I am a little concerned with using a flash around them!! I really want to try something like this though!

Thanks Emma, it's not a strange question at all, one I looked into before embarking on this project. A horse doesn't see light the same as the humans eye, so it is not an issue. They are more interested in the noise when the flash pop's or the click of your camera.

Hope this helps and you can get the images you are after.

LesF

Oo, one other question... What was the natural light really like. In the photo it looks pitch black, but I am guessing it wasn't!!!

It was shoot inside the stable with a black backdrop erected to help keep the lights used on the subjects and have the background go black as intended.

Again hope that helps

Back