The hover on red & a Beetle on yellow!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
The hoverfly from yesterday was still in the garden, and still on the Pieris (Forest Flame) shrub that I placed it on after taking the photos last night. Took four and these were the two that worked best, taken seconds apart (the hover has moved one leg at least!).

Then I spotted a beetle, actually on a towel on the washing line, so I moved it into a dandelion flower - and that gave a very bright background to show it's brown body on! The beetle was shot first in full sun, and then in a nice shadowy area.

Paul.

These images Paul are "Stunning", you must be very pleased with them.(y)

George.

These images Paul are "Stunning", you must be very pleased with them.(y)

George.

Thanks George - I'm hard to please myself, so if someone says I must be pleased, then yea, perhaps they are good, lol.. :)

Paul.

Great finds and shot... when I saw the hover on FB and here I thought you were posting the same pictures as Tuesday thought you'd gone senile for a bit.

Turns out I have gone mad and they are new shots and fantastic at that and you should very well be pleased. :D

Great finds and shot... when I saw the hover on FB and here I thought you were posting the same pictures as Tuesday thought you'd gone senile for a bit.

Turns out I have gone mad and they are new shots and fantastic at that and you should very well be pleased. :D

Cheers mate, it is the same hover, but 24 hours on from the first lot! :)

Paul.

I'm never satisfied with my own shots so know how you feel, but... let me tell you, these shots are bloody superb!!!

Cheers for that Neil, much appreciated bud.

Paul.

Really nice Paul the bright colours work really well
My favourite is the last beetle superb

I hope that one day I will be able to take macro's like this. I have been looking at a lot of the photo's in this section and reading the stickies. I am not sure if I should go ahead and buy the Venus 60mm or should I buy a Sigma 105mm first.

It is always nice to see the end result of someone that is on top of the game

I hope that one day I will be able to take macro's like this. I have been looking at a lot of the photo's in this section and reading the stickies. I am not sure if I should go ahead and buy the Venus 60mm or should I buy a Sigma 105mm first.

It is always nice to see the end result of someone that is on top of the game

Very generous comments Jan, thank you.

If you are planning to get your first macro lens, then a 100L IS or the Sigma 105 OS might be the best way to start off - the Venus Laowa lens is hard to master and should be considered a "supplementary" lens.

Paul.

Back