The "how would you edit this photo" game.

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello.
Haven't posted in a while so thought I would start with a game I have had in my head for some time.
The idea is that someone posts a photo and asks, how would you edit this photo.
You are allowed to change everything about the photo you can think of. Be it crop, remove or add something to improve it to how you think the image should look like.
The person that submited the photo after about a week or so will post which one they like the most. <- CHANGED RULE

No rudeness or bad things said about someones edit.

How would you edit this photo?
4938601325_ae04c7c1a7.jpg

Original here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39259141@N05/4938601325/sizes/o/

Last edited:
I came to TP for a few minutes break from editing pictures so instead of being neat and tidy (which is what I am supposed to be working on) decided to spend a few minutes trashing the picture. First attempt any anything like this so really needs a lot more work but duty calls :)

dmanlewis.jpg

I like this game :) Not sure this effect comes off very well working from the JPG, there's some colour shift right at the bottom in the wall. All from Lightroom in case anyone's interested.

how_would_you_edit_1.jpg

I have changed a rule due to the problem of many people saying which ones best and it all gets confussing.
New rule :The person that submited the photo after about a week or so will post which one they like the most.

As it stands I too like the sunset the better saturated and the globe.
Great that people like it.

Last edited:
You might be closer to the truth than you know. The day I took that pic when I was by the wheel there was one of the car things that they had apparently fished out of the river, it looked like it as well, they had it on a pontoon thing I was told it had falen off in the night during a storm.

You might be closer to the truth than you know. The day I took that pic when I was by the wheel there was one of the car things that they had apparently fished out of the river, it looked like it as well, they had it on a pontoon thing I was told it had falen off in the night during a storm.

I did notice the missing carriage showing in your shot but thought nothing of it! :bonk:

Had a quick play around, not entirely happy with it but ok for 10 minutes :D:

swanseamales-edit.jpg

Some good ones there, I'll give it a bit longer and pick a winner then whoever wins can have a go.

Wow, talk about a last minute entry! Thanks for that, much appreciated:). Good idea for a comp by the way.

OK, I have been thinking about the subject for the next comp & have decided to go with this rather nondescript shot I took outside the Vatican last November. I am particularly interested in seeing what people can come up with with this one. I had initially given it up as a lost cause but then re-visited it a couple of weeks ago & managed to come up with what I think is a nice result so I think there is a reasonable picture in there somewhere, although you may have to work hard to find it! That's the plan anyway, didn't want it to be too easy:cool:

Best of luck & look forward to seeing the edits.

rome%20%28161%29.JPG

Errr
They have been renovating the capsules one at a time since 2009. They are put on a pontoon and taken to Tilbury docks. I think that they have done 16 out of 32 so far.
None have fallen off..................................yet :D

Errr
They have been renovating the capsules one at a time since 2009. They are put on a pontoon and taken to Tilbury docks. I think that they have done 16 out of 32 so far.
None have fallen off..................................yet :D

Courious as the one I saw looked badly damaged and all the glass looked stared/broken, we were told it had come off during a storm and fallen in the river by one of the staff there. I was supprised that nothing was on the news though.

Here is my effort :

rainoverrome2.jpg

Back