The Kelpies

All good, but the 3rd one is a brilliant interpretation and so very well framed. Clicking through to Flickr is very much advised and can I take it these are real stars at top right?

Very cool, I do like no 3 for the reflections but no 2 catches my eye more with that bright light then the horses heads! Great shots

All well exposed and dramatic shots. I'd have preferred 2 and 3 to be level tho.

No3 is excellent (y)

Thanks for the comments all.

All well exposed and dramatic shots. I'd have preferred 2 and 3 to be level tho.

Brash, that's a good point about the horizons in 2 and 3. I hadn't actually noticed it in 3 but in 2 I used the light post to set the vertical, which was obviously wrong. What I don't understand though, is how can the post be vertical but it throws the rest of the image off? Is it a factor of using a wide angle lens? This was my first time using my Sigma 10-20 (on a D7000) so i'm not used to working with such wide angles.

I'm interested in seeing how different people shoot these. I like the thinking behind number 3 but I think the sky is just too dark overall.

Lovely. I've been considering going over to do some night shots in order to geta canvas primted for my parents christmas.

Back