The Lanterns of Terracotta Warriors, Edinburgh 2014

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
For Chinese New Year Edinburgh University had on display a number of Terracotta Warriors lit up in awesome colours!
They finished up on Friday (7th Feb) so I took a trip out to get some shots! Been spoiled in Edinburgh with these and the Field of Light in St Andrew Square, I hope you enjoy!

The full set is on my website: http://www.chrismitchellphotography.co.uk/p674965769

Last edited:
What an awesome exhibit! Wish I could have seen it in person. Love the first two shots.

Is the last one HDR? The contrast looks a little flat.

You've done well with these.
When I was there it was blowing a gale, just above freezing, and there were about 200 odd people milling about.
I tried some longer exposures but the lantern warriors kept moving :(
Shorter exposures, even upping the ISO, and I couldn't get any detail in the faces.

So I'll just look at yours!

Awesome, would love to see the new version

Very unusual and technically good ! Nothing happened round here in Brentwood Essex and we didn't even go for a Chinese Takeaway !

In my opinion i prefer the first one because is more focused on subject. In the second one and the third i feel the intention to include soldiers and the place, but the place seems to be cutted. maybe the thir one should be perfect (in my opinion anyway) if a little bit close.
However I like these pictures.

(sorry for my english, bu i'm not english :) )

Some good stuff there Chris very bright and vibrant colours. It must have been quite a spectacle. Like the last one for the symmetry just wish there backs weren't turned :). The 2nd one seems to be perfectly exposed quite tricky under the lighting conditions.

Steve

Back