The Legographer (updated post #37)

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Away from my long exposure & night photography, I've always enjoyed taking snaps of random things that caught my eye, from street art to interesting textures & odd moments- whether beautiful or ironic.

Then, kind of out of nowhere, I found myself with a Lego minifigure photographer, loosely styled on me (suit-hating, stubble, beanie hat).

It wasn't long before the minifigure was introduced to my day-to-day snaps and now I've found myself with a whole series of shots, expanding daily as I see more and more from the little guy's point of view.

It won't be to everyone's taste but I hope the fact it's a series of real-world snaps featuring a Lego man gives it a wider appeal than the more common wholly Lego-themed shots. I'm enjoying making & sharing them- and contemplating a 365 for next year. In the meantime there's regular updates on the Legography facebook page.

1// Rust In Me

2// Explore!

3// In Full Flow

4// Vantage Point

5// First Frost

6// Mother Nature

They say the best camera is the one you have with you so, to pre-empt the inevitable question, they're all shot on my iPhone with a range of apps - but mostly 645Pro (capture) and Snapseed (processing).

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.

Last edited:
Cool.

I had a go doing this a few years back with the kids, it's great fun!

These are cool. :)

Love these, I can see me copying your idea as can see its be real fun and give some inspiration :)

Also love your attention to detail, just seen the footprints hehe

Brilliant, I have been doing a few with my young son, keeps him interested and me happy at the same time;-)

Back during the Olympics I saw a collection of lego photographs with all the different events being setup

excellent, i've been doing similer as a bit of fun for a while now after seeing a slinkachu exhibition, in my camera bag are a couple of lego people and a few railway people, they get funny looks from people when they see them in my bag. nice idea with the camera too.
the pictures are excellent, a lot of them would be dull without the lego.
check it out, it's pretty cool.
http://slinkachu.com/home

actually just spotted you have the tripod for the camera were did you get that ? i want one ! :)

Thank you all, what a great response. It's a lot of fun doing them in the first place but good to know people enjoy looking at them.

Thanks too for sharing the Slinkachu images- I've seen them recently and similar ones in the past. They're great too.

I think I need to start doing behind-the-scenes/ context shots, so people can see how some of the shots are made- it's really getting the little fella to keep still on a windy day, f'rinstance...

8240697045_7bbb61e617_c.jpg

Andy this is brilliant, I thought about doing something like this, I might have to now!

blob of bluetack in either leg, it adds just enough weight to hold the little sod down on windy days.

Ongoing thanks, seems like I've found a few Lego fans :)

blob of bluetack in either leg, it adds just enough weight to hold the little sod down on windy days.

Good idea but because I normally compose behind the figure it's visible through the holes in the legs :(

so cool , been looking at getting some lego men to photograph in the mini studio BUT yours take it to another level , going to have to try this now (y)(y)(y)

Thanks all, a really encouraging response.

ive been trying to find the bits to make this, any ideas - its been years since ive used lego and dont recognise any of the bits !

Admin Edit : Image removed as it's hotlinked from a site that Chrome considers to be hacked and and distributing malware

That tripod is not something you can buy but it's made from different Lego components (including from the Technics range).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shooting at a blacksmith's as part of a commercial project- had to grab a shot amongst the industrial surroundings.

Safety First

Living close to the beach there's plenty of sunset opportunities; this is a new perspective for me though.

Seaside Sunset

Those very cold days we had a couple of weeks back left this interesting texture on a frozen puddle.

Treading on...

Another reflection on recent weather

Bleak

In the end, Friday was not quite as bad as the Mayans predicted

Apocalyptic

Absolutely brilliant, just started getting a few of the lego mini figures. Where would i get the camera from that your little guys holding? Great idea.

Ben6 said:
Absolutely brilliant, just started getting a few of the lego mini figures. Where would i get the camera from that your little guys holding? Great idea.

Sorry just found them on eBay just got to decide now who i put the camera with, I'm thinking darth vader or someone similar.

So I took the 'daily' challenge and I'm now one month in to my Legography iPhone 365. Here's my top five from January.

This waterfront wall in Portsmouth has just had colourful new lights installed.

Illuminated

Seems the little guy is taking after me in his fascination for a bit of exploring!

You never know...

Cracking sunset at the beach huts, then...

T-shirt weather

...the very next day, it snowed!

Whiteout

Spotted this one morning on the school run and couldn't resist a bit of fun- 19 attempts, though, to get the camera falling into a decent place in the pic!

Yell 'Ow!'

Thanks for looking :)

Back