The Marmite Shot

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
No
Well you either love it or hate it but after a recent visit to Krakow and the Auschwitz and Birkenhau concentration camps, inspired by Schindler's List I thought I would ask for peoples opinions on how to improve this image. Taken through glass with no flash allowed. Be as harsh as you like.

No critique = no improvement in my opinion.

Red Shoe by Whitto27, on Flickr

Thanks in advance (y)

I like the idea, it's a case where selective colour works IMO but I would have tried to chose a more obvious shoe - oh and it's very sad indeed :(

I like the idea, it's a case where selective colour works IMO but I would have tried to chose a more obvious shoe - oh and it's very sad indeed :(

Thanks - unfortunately all the shoes were brown and dusty, this was the most obvious red shoe in the whole room of exhibit cases. A very moving place to visit.

Thanks Gary. It really is a very moving place to visit.

Thanks Maria. I was trying to catch the atmosphere of the place a very moving place indeed - Haunting !

Hi, I really like this shot and I'm one of the one's that like this selective colour work. It's only a suggestion, but had you thought of trying to get rid of the bright highlight area in the background. It might just make a good shot even more powerful and just a bit special. Only my opinion of course for what it's worth.

Hi, I really like this shot and I'm one of the one's that like this selective colour work. It's only a suggestion, but had you thought of trying to get rid of the bright highlight area in the background. It might just make a good shot even more powerful and just a bit special. Only my opinion of course for what it's worth.

Thanks. I did think about that as it was distracting, but thought it would remove the impression of the depth of the display case. Going to remove it now to see what it looks like.

Red Shoe Crop by Whitto27, on Flickr

Any better, I think the composition is not as strong ? What do you think ?

Hi, I aggree with your earlier comment it does remove some of the depth but in turn I feel it does stop your eye from wandering away from the strongest part of the picture and for me it gives the shot more impact.
Only my opinion of course for what it's worth. Still a great shot though however you present it.

Back