Wild The Meadows that the Missus has been keeping Secret. shhhhh

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Went up to the meadow that I found Yesterday.... Here are some samples of the butterflies found out of the 120 shots I took (not just butterflies BTW). Annoyingly though was terribly windy so not as nice conditions as yesterday when I didn't have my camera with me and only shorts on.

Shot with Tamron 90mm VC + 1.4x TC + Ring Flash Diffused with completed configuration.

Species seen some shot here...

http://www.britishbutterflies.co.uk/
Small Skipper
Ringlet
Wood White????
Small Tortoiseshell
Speckled Wood
Meadow Brown (These are extremely flighty and rare didn't manage to capture a shot of one :( this time)
Marbled White

1. Marble White

Marble White-1576-01
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2. Small Tortoiseshell

Small Tortoiseshell-1546-01
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. Small Skipper

Small Skipper-1582-01
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. Wood White I think

Wood White Unsure-1507-01
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Ringlet

Ringlet-1565-01
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. Been in the wars (Tortoiseshell)

Tutterby-1460-03
by bthomas124, on Flickr

The last one is showing the some time issue with ETTL and pre flash... the subject can move inbetween pre-flash and actual flash. It has been very annoying for me trying to catch an extremely small fly now have 2 shots of empty leaves!! :facepalm:

7. Problem with ETTL

Problem with ETTL-1513-01
by bthomas124, on Flickr

Will be back out tomorrow weather permitting, hopefully catch some of species I have yet to shoot.

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Little sods always fly off when I try and get near them. Really must get the macro out again soo.
Beautiful captures, hard to chose between them

Last edited:
Its brilliant that you've got a meadow so close to you:)
First two shots especially are excellent

lol about the wind and the blade right in front of his well-focussed head. I can see you swearing a lot there bryn hahahaha

Yes I was poor dog walkers!! Was the only shot that I managed front on! Very windy and cloudy here today so may not venture out.

Back