The moon

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of shots from the other night.
Its bloody hard to focus with wobbly air and a few beers inside you, but I am quite pleased with these two.

Just some quick WB and sharpening in Lightroom on the laptop.

550d and 100-400mm @ 400mm.

Does my watermark look a bit naff or is it ok? I think it stands out a bit much on these two images, but better on a non black background....

Great shots. I don't mind the style of the watermark but think to should be smaller on these and possibly a bit darker, like a mid grey maybe?

You were right about it being the same moon lol, you managed to get a bigger crop on yours, looks really good.

Got a feeling it was the day before yours, tempted to try a 2x TC on the 100-400 just for moon shots. Think the Mrs might have other ideas on what we should spend £200 though ;-)
I did a little 2 min video with the 640x480 crop mode on my 550d too, real time.
here the wobble a little way in is the cat rubbing up against the tripod.

what settings did u use,there nice

Both at f10 ISO100 first was 1/60 second 1/30, tweaked a bit in Lightroom.

really nice sharp image of the moon..... esp after beers.

If you want my honest opinion of your watermark on these pics - don't bother with it. I am by no means a photoshop expert but confident, should I wish to do so (I don't) make that completely disappear in about 5 seconds. It does not "protect" the photo and is distracting.

If you want an example of a decent watermark (i.e. subtle but would be awkward to remove, look at Ryanyboys, spnxxx, or Hackers weddings, or desatniks, motorsport) - many more as welll , they just sprang to mind!)

I see what you're saying Lynton, I suppose its more of a tag and ego-boost thing :)
I will check out the watermarks you sugested , but it was never really intended to stop copying the photo's.

Back