The Morning after....

Great timing and that is one large wave.

Love the juxtaposition of the stormy wave against the blue sky. Nice to see frozen water too!

Great capture and looks even better on Flickr with the black background

Very nice capture.
Great timing and that is one large wave.
Love the juxtaposition of the stormy wave against the blue sky. Nice to see frozen water too!
Great capture and looks even better on Flickr with the black background

Thanks for the kind comments. I normally reside over in Film and Conventional but as this was taken on a digital camera I thought I'd post it here. It's the first time I have used digital in over a year (other than for ebay) and dare I say it, I quite enjoyed it.

David, that is a cracking shot indeed! Also I think I recognise that Lifeguard station:)

A great shot very well caught I am assuming a long lens or did you get very wet :)

Only minor crit but I personally would have preferred a wider view with more of the road in but still a wonderfully dynamic shot

Steve

A big WOW on this one.
Thanks Richard.
A great shot very well caught I am assuming a long lens or did you get very wet :)

Only minor crit but I personally would have preferred a wider view with more of the road in but still a wonderfully dynamic shot

Steve
Thanks Steve. Exif data shows that it was taken at 19mm, somehow I managed to keep dry. It wasn't possible to show any more of the road as I was leaning over a safety barrier to take the shot, anything wider would have included the barrier.

Thanks Richard.

Thanks Steve. Exif data shows that it was taken at 19mm, somehow I managed to keep dry. It wasn't possible to show any more of the road as I was leaning over a safety barrier to take the shot, anything wider would have included the barrier.
Ahh thanks for the explanation :)

Steve

Thanks Richard. I managed to keep dry but the waves were catching people further down the seafront here..

Waves at Lowestoft
by wickerman6, on Flickr

Superb capture, the blue sky adds so much to the picture.

I love salt on my fish supper, but not on my camera. Brave man and well rewarded!

Back