The North Yorkshire Moors

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a couple of images from the last couple of weeks. Unlike some other parts of Britain we have had the snow for nearly three weeks.

757950690_3neCh-L-1.jpg

From above Guisborough looking over Teesside

757950782_3fFhS-L-1.jpg

From above Guisborough looking towards the sea

746617168_yWkBw-L-2.jpg

Nighttime looking directly north from under the cliff (-7c ouch!!)

746617341_HdUce-L-2.jpg

Shortly after sunset on the shortest day of the year

745387813_yPWqq-L-3.jpg

Roseberry Topping from one of Joe Cornishes favorite spots

745382236_8YmJt-L-3.jpg

Roseberry again love it or loath it.

Feel free to comment as landscapes are not my usual subject

Stunning crisp photos, really portrays the cold very well, nice set, not keen on #1 but the rest are great.

ohhh i like them 3 i like the most where was that taken from if you don't mind me asking. and 5 i also like alot. they are not the useual pictures you see of that area. well done you

Stunning crisp photos, really portrays the cold very well, nice set, not keen on #1 but the rest are great.

That one is actually my least fav

Glad you like the others

Last edited:
Graham00 didnt care much for the first one on that set so I thought I'd post an alternative. This is from a very similar view point though lower down nearer the cliff edge (lots of care taken). In this one the light from Teesside shows up well in the snow on a long exposure, again this type of image isnt for everyone.

Its a long hard walk up to the top but only a 20 minute run back home through the snow!

746617224_Dhpbb-L-2.jpg

Lovely set of images! Looks like you had some great walking and photography weather up there :)

Lovely set of images! Looks like you had some great walking and photography weather up there :)

We have had the snow for three weeks now!

most are now sick of it!

Some great walking to be done though

Nice images. I prefer the ones of Roseberry Topping. Great area for landscapes, I must pay another visit up there.

Like all the photographs but for me the 3rd one is my favourite.

Gary

Another one from the same nighttime shoot

Taken from the top near the edge...
746617278_8Borb-L-2.jpg

For thos not familiar with the area 12 foot infront there is a sheer cliff drop of about 80 foot.

The main glow is from the soon to be closed Redcar Blast Furnace!

This next one is from behind Highcliffe Nab early morning
757950848_dc9jY-L-1.jpg

This is daytime, sell morning again looking down on the town
757950760_NouoT-L-1.jpg

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.1 No.2 No.3 And No.4 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Lovely pictures, really good.

........but..... ice axe and crampons were hopefully present :D

Last edited:
ohhh i like them 3 i like the most where was that taken from if you don't mind me asking. and 5 i also like alot. they are not the useual pictures you see of that area. well done you

All taken close to Guisborough or Great Ayton.

You are right most people only think of this area as industrial etc but we are so lucky having all this so close.

Very good set, but the third image is my pick of a good bunch.

Back