weekly The Oakster's 52 - Week 11 "SHINY" added

I prefer the selectively coloured version so far but you could try to include the graffiti etc in the coloured bits?

I aint changing it anymore!! :LOL:

Thanks for commenting :D

:plus1: for the wider mono version. Not keen on the selective colouring version.

I'm not keen either.

Same for me, nice take on the theme :)

Cheers (y)

Wow have I not been on your thread for a while? I seemed to be a few weeks behind!

I prefer the second shot of your daughter, but to throw another choice what does that one look like in colour?

Colourful :p

The goblin said:
I like the wide colour shot of the door, not keen on the area that has been selectively coloured as it looks too central and splits the image!

I agree :clap:

I'm going for the wider mono as my final edit. Thanks for commenting everyone.

I like the selective colour shot. Good one.

I really like you mono shot and I think the selected colouring works quite well. Bang on theme (y)

Thank you for the comments (y)

I have definitely seemed to split the opinion between the different shots. It just goes to show that the same photo composed in different ways can change opinions. I just have to learn to get the right one first time!

I will have no chance to look around for photos for this week so the oil tankers near to my house were visited today.

This was cropped, some heavy going cloning due to various intrusions and some small curve adjustments in PS.

Week 6 - Industry by The_Oakster, on Flickr

Comments and critique welcome.

Interesting shot ... with the skip adding to the effect.

The tanks are really big and really boring but as I drove past I noticed these 4 had the stairs in just the right place to add a bit of interest. Not much but a bit :D

The best bit for me was the PP. The original shot is on my Flickr for those that are interested. I've also just noticed my camera was on +1.7 exposure compensation for some reason!

I like that, symmetrical layouts just work for me. ;)

Definitely industry. Bang on theme and you have the crop spot on (y)

Many thanks :)

Now that's a weird shot, weird good though in an optical illusion sort of way, the stairs on the cylinders make the walls of the cylinders seem to all bow out toward each other?

Or is it just me?

I like it though and it's on theme

It didn't until you mentioned it! Its the edge of the stairs merging with the edge of the tanks.

I like that, symmetrical layouts just work for me. ;)

It was only the symmetry that made it worth taking.

The photo works well for the theme with the skip giving scale to the picture.

They are massive. But dull :D

Thanks for commenting everyone (y)

The photo works well for the theme with the skip giving scale to the picture.

If you look on my flickr at the original size version you really get the scale as its 2093x1478 :eek:

Now that's a weird shot, weird good though in an optical illusion sort of way, the stairs on the cylinders make the walls of the cylinders seem to all bow out toward each other?

Or is it just me?

I like it though and it's on theme

I agree... thought it was my eyes playing up.

Steve

A really great interpretation, says industry all over!

Hi
Industry - yep, on theme. Good composition, I like the symmetry and the muted colours. The bulbous iamge is a real bonus because as you say it may not have been noticeable in the viewfinder but it is readily apparent on the pic. Skip and bits and pieces give scale.

Thanks for the great comments everyone (y)

Simple but I see nothing wrong with it Ben and its spot on in symmetry.
We are all going to have weeks where we are to busy to get around.

Simple but I see nothing wrong with it Ben and its spot on in symmetry.
We are all going to have weeks where we are to busy to get around.

Cheers (y)

Nice symmetry and I like the effect of the stairs on the tanks but somehow it's hard to get a sense of scale.

The scale comes from the skip in the centre but if you don't know how big, or small, they are then it aint gonna work ;)

I concur top shot

Thank you :clap:

Hi Ben

great shot for industry....love the symetry & the colors of the tanks....well spotted for the theme :clap:

I Ben i saw this earlier today but didn't have time to comment, i like the symmetry of this, it was well spotted and well taken

I lev the symmetry of that. I've tried simillar shots in the past, but never been able to get the balance right like you have :)

likes it very much :clap:

I like the imposing mono gates for secure, and the tanks for industry. The skip gives it scale for me.

Fear - Really nice use of subject matter, focal interest and background blur is spot on.

Industry - Again, a great use of subject matter, nice balanced framing. Would be interesting to see the scene in different weather conditions. I like the muted colour tones.

Root. How uninspiring. :shrug:

I went for the obvious but tried to concentrate on some technical aspects.

This is a natural triptych effect using contrasts and colours to make the shot.

Week 7 - Root by The_Oakster, on Flickr

It's the big brown thing in the middle ;)

Not sure about this one Ben, I think the idea is a good one but the actual root you have selected doesn't lend itself to the root theme very well if you know what I mean. Find another better looking root I suggest. Technique is spot on though. ;)

Very colourful shot and very sharp to.
My one problem is that for me it doesn't shout 'Root', Shot and PP wise though, I really like it.

Back