The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

I do like it, but I haven't used it all year. It's been the 18 on my xt, 56 on the Xpro. For other stuff I've used a d600 with a 50 1.4 so I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, I'll ship out the 35, but I do love it so maybe not.

Aaaah ok. You probably aren't likely to miss it I guess if you haven't used it all year. If you do, you will likely find another on the market relatively cheap.

Blimey that is cheap. Wex were selling some for £329 the other day and that was used top condition I believe.

I think I'm gonna hop to an XT10 however mainly for tilt screen, improved AF and the occasional Wi-Fi. If Wex offer a good part ex rate on top of the £80 trade up then I will most likely make use of that - alternatively I will just keep it rather than give it away.
New cameras don't give you better pictures - just a lower bank balance!!

Haha I wasn't trying to suggest that. It was mainly the tilt screen and improved AF which were the appeal. The cost to upgrade (that's if I get £320 from Wex) of £180 is in my opinion worth it. Having demo'd the XT1 a couple of months ago, the AF performance was really noticeable.

Sometimes GAS is just gas. It isn't usually about better pictures. Sometimes it's because you want to have certain other features, other times it just takes your fancy

But the lower bank balance thing is true :)

Fuji X-Pro1 body delivered this morning from the 'Fuji refurbished store', I actually can't distinguish this from a new one. Immaculate!

:D

Great stuff Peter. Good to hear you are back in the X club! You didn't jump for the X-T1 then in the end?

To be fair, the XP1 is ridiculously good value for money IMO.

I've got GGS larmour glass protectors on my x-t1 and x-e2. They are excellent, and I'm assuming they make one for the x-pro1.
Yeah they do make an xpro1 version. In fact I pulled mine off and cleaned it this evening, they have a tendency to attract dust when fitting, and after a while the dust gathers in the centre. It was winding me up that's why i had to get the dust out.

I'd read a few bits about dust getting stuck. I never put one on my old XPro1 and I must admit, it did scratch easily with use. The GGS ones seem to be the ones to go for though - barely visible either.
Nothing ridiculous though but for peace of mind they are worth it incase you end up whacking your screen. Friend of mine cracked theirs! Saying that, I still haven't sorted one for my X-T10.

The GGS ones seem to be the ones to go for though - barely visible either.

Sat next to a guy on the tube this morning; he was reading the X-Pro1 manual on his Kindle :D

You bring your XP1 to work with you ? Dude you got it bad :rolleyes:

Mine sits in my bag most of the time... tossing up whether to get rid and swap it out for an X-T10 or X100s. I just don't seem to use it like I do my X-T1 :(

Very nice capture, is this sooc or have you tweaked it ?

Very nice capture, is this sooc or have you tweaked it ?

Hi Jim, thanks. Slightly tweaked.

I know that sky's not a good attempt, the time I shot this I only had my X-Pro1 a short time and my editing skills were poor (and still not great....lol). That Ducati is quite a special version and cost around in access of 27k, I spoke to the owner for ten minutes about his Italian steed as I'm a keen biker myself.

The XF35mm is a stellar lens.

I never even noticed the sky I was too busy drooling over the bike lol I know the 35mm is something special, I bought another recently and took it to Dublin this weekend to give it a good workout, but to my shame it never left the hotel, tbh I was too busy de-stressing after a bad few weeks at work, the 18-135mm was the only lens I used on my xt-1 , I'm growing to really like this lens, it's covers such a wide range and as its a fuji lens the quality is there in abundance.

That's very nice Peter @macvisual , good composition and some nice cloud detail.(y)

George.

I see your based in N-Ireland Jim (?), I'm originally from Newtownabbey myself, now living/working full-time in Scotland for nearly 6yrs now, loving it, I won't be back.

How are you finding the X-T1 then? Did you previously have a X-Pro1 before?

Thanks;
Pete
Yeah I'm in Lisburn, I'm loving the XT-1, I've had an X pro1 for about 1 1/2 years, it's a fantastic camera, to be honest I find the xpro1 shots nicer than the xt1. Out of all my cameras my favourites recently have been taken with the xpro1 particularly in bright conditions, we visit Lanzarote 3 times a year and I love walking about with my xpro1.
The xt1 is definitely much more convenient, much more of a dslr experience. I've been using Canon 5D's for years so the xt1 is more of what I'm used to, only problem my 5D3 hasn't been out of the house in a very long time !

Back