The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

OK, minnt, wanna see some nausea-inducing selective colour photos of cake? I've uploaded some to my flikr, but can't remember how to share them here (not helped by flikr changing everything since I last used it...)

Most of my 'normal' photos are of family so I can't/won't share without permission from those poorly captured... And I tend to use the EM5 for my 'arty' shots.

I have a couple taken at Open House though - will share later.

I can understand wifi - I take a lot of cake photos (and the odd one of the children...) that I share on Facebook/email - really easy to do from my phone and I'd like to be able to do it from my 'proper' camera without having to go home and dig out the cables etc.
No interest in touch screens though. I'm a Luddite and use centre-point focussing so I lose the main benefit. And as a left-eye shooter my nose rubs the screen!

I can understand wifi - I take a lot of cake photos (and the odd one of the children...) that I share on Facebook/email - really easy to do from my phone and I'd like to be able to do it from my 'proper' camera without having to go home and dig out the cables etc.
No interest in touch screens though. I'm a Luddite and use centre-point focussing so I lose the main benefit. And as a left-eye shooter my nose runs the screen!
Haha. Understand about the nose problem. Still don't need WiFi but don't have a. Smartphone anyway. Am in Hamburg at moment at 1.55am with too much beer and wine
so could be talking b..... Anyway

Really trying to make more use of my XF1. It's a lovely camera but doesn't see enough daylight since I got a D600. Will be trying to give it the use it deserves over the coming weeks.

Here's one I was pleased with of my daughter in the park.

DSCF1712.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

Haha. Understand about the nose problem. Still don't need WiFi but don't have a. Smartphone anyway. Am in Hamburg at moment at 1.55am with too much beer and wine
so could be talking b..... Anyway

I dont have a smart phone but the wifi will allow the control of the camera and to view the subject remotely using my tablet. This can be useful for pole photography and for wild life. Bird feeders etc.

It can be fixed but I expect it will cost a fair bit. I would phone Fuji repair service.

Hi all, I managed to get sand in my X20, when I zoom It's very crunchy.

Nothing a quick rinse under a tap won't sort. In the sense that afterwards, the sand will be the least of your worries...

You could try blowing/sucking it out with rocket blower/vacuum cleaner, but you risk making things worse...

It can be fixed but I expect it will cost a fair bit. I would phone Fuji repair service.

Thanks, might given them a call.

Nothing a quick rinse under a tap won't sort. In the sense that afterwards, the sand will be the least of your worries...

You could try blowing/sucking it out with rocket blower/vacuum cleaner, but you risk making things worse...

Guess as a last resort I could wash it :)

Bin it and buy an x30. :D

Might just check down the back of the sofa :)

Back